015

Aurelia was not good at being a detective

Aurelia was not good at being a detective. Or finding clues. So while Emma, David, and Hook were looking through Regina's office, Aurelia was mainly just there for moral support.

"Do you think we'll be able to turn Little John back?" she asked.

"Of course. Once we find out who the witch is" David said.

"And you think she's the one who cut my hair?" Aurelia asked.

Emma looked up, wondering what she was talking about. "Cut your hair?"

Aurelia nodded showing her the small chuck of brunette hair.

"It must've happened during the year we don't remember," Aurelia said.

"Hook, you're sure Lia never mentioned that in her letters?" Emma asked.

"Positive. Think I would've remembered her telling me she was turning into a brunette" Hook said.

"It does sound like me. If I knew you were looking for your ship I wouldn't have wanted to bother you" she said.

"You could never bother me," he said, ignoring David's glare at Aurelia smiled at him.

"I think I have a partial footprint," David said, trying to get back to the job at hand. "You guys see anything?"

"Other than an austere sense of design, nothing," Hook said. "Is that blood?" Emma asked, looking at the partial footprint David found.

David picked up a small red piece of debris and brought it to his nose."It's berry," he said.

"Like a fruit?" Emma asked. "No, like a holly berry. They grow on bushes" he said.

"Are you some sort of botanist in this life, mate?" Hook asked, making Aurelia think the same thing. "I worked in an animal shelter. Saw dogs track them all the time" David said. "The bushes grow out in the woods."

"You know where?"

"Yeah, in the northwest corner, not far from the toll bridge," he said, pulling out his phone as it vibrated in his pocket.

"What's wrong?" Aurelia asked. "Uh, Mary Margaret needs me to come back to the loft. We're getting a midwife and she wants to meet the both of us" he said.

"A bit demanding isn't she?" Hook said wishing he could swallow his words at the look Emma and Aurelia gave him. "I meant the midwife" he clarified.

"It's fine," Emma said. "We just got on track here," David said, not wanting to leave them alone with Hook.

"And we've got it covered. She needs you. Just meet us when you get done" Emma said. David looked between them, sparing an extra glance at Hook before he nodded and left.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As they got to the woods, Aurelia was able to lead them to the bushes David had mentioned. Years spent on Neverland had given her plenty of time to hone her foraging skills.