094

Working on charting their location and following the compass, Killian made no mind to Aladdin as he walked inside

Working on charting their location and following the compass, Killian made no mind to Aladdin as he walked inside. But it was clear Aladdin wouldn't be ignored as he obnoxiously cleared his throat.

"Is Jasmine around?" he asked.

"She is not," Killian said.

"Any idea where she is?" he asked.

"Look, this harpoon is taking us to an island surrounded by a scary reef, which may contain a very evil sorcerer. Now please, I need to concentrate" Killian said.

"Right. Yeah, right. Of course" Aladdin said as he turned around to fiddle with the gears behind him. But his silence didn't last long. "So when you talked to her earlier, did she say anything about me?"

"I'm not a bloody matchmaker! For two people in love, you have terrible communication" Killian said.

"You think she's in love with me?" Aladdin smiled.

"I don't really care right now! I really have to focus on getting us to where-"

Suddenly the ship lurched forward and a loud bang sounded out as an alarm sounded out in the background.

"What was that?" Aladdin asked.

"I have no idea. We're nowhere near the reef yet" Killian said as Nemo and Liam walked in. "What the devil's going on?"

"The damage from the Kraken was worse than we thought. The seal shaft exploded. We're taking on water" Nemo said.

"Then we suit up and abandon ship," Killian said.

"The dive room is already underwater. We can't get to it" Liam said.

"You two can give up if you want but I will not die in an underwater coffin when there's an island there that we can go to-"

"Enough!" Nemo shouted. "A captain knows when his vessel is lost. So I suggest that you spend your last few moments in prayer or contemplation, but not in conflict."

"I have a better idea," Jasmine said, walking in and holding up the lamp.

"Oh, Jasmine, wait. Be careful what you're asking for" Aladdin said.

"There's no time to be careful," Jasmine said. "Genie, I wish for you to take us to that island. You may die aboard the Nautilus someday, Captain, but not today!"

Suddenly they all looked around to find themselves off the Nautilus and sanding on the sandy shores of nearby land.

"It worked! For once, a wish actually worked" Jasmine said.

"But I wonder what the price was," Aladdin said.

"I know," Nemo said. "A captain's duty is to go down with his vessel, but here I stand safe and dry thanks to your wish. My crew and I will take our chances and salvage the ship."