046

After searching all night for Regina and Pincocchio and coming up empty-handed, Emma and Aurelia called David, Mary Margaret, and Killian to help them look

David was able to find tire tracks that led into the woods. Even though it was a good sign it didn't make the two women feel any better about losing the little boy.

"As long as he's with Regina, Pinocchio will be alright," Mary Margaret said, trying to make them feel better.

"We don't know that. I just wish I hadn't let her ditch us" Emma said.

"You couldn't have known that she'd drop that tracking device," Killian said.

"We shouldn't have let her take Pinocchio. I knew it was a very, very bad idea and now we've lost him and he's who knows where. And we have no idea what they're even doing to him. He could be seriously hurt and it'd be all our fault" Aurelia sighed.

David stopped walking, no longer able to see any tire tracks. "The tracks end here. Looks like the rain washed them away" he said.

"Oh, would now be an appropriate time for a locator spell?" Killian asked.

Aurelia looked up, hearing the wind whooshing through the trees. "Um, guys. What is that?" she asked. They all looked over at where she was pointing to see black smoke weaving its way through the woods, coming straight at them.

As it got closer, the smoke turned into a dark purple before completely surrounding Aurelia and disappearing inside of her. And for a moment, Aurelia felt like she had been put to sleep.

"Lia, are you okay?" David asked.

"What was that?" Killian asked.

"I have to make this quick. We don't have much time." Aurelia's mouth was moving but it wasn't her voice that was coming out.

"Regina?" Emma asked.

"Pinocchio's fine. He's back to his old self, or older self" she said.

"August" Emma realized.

"But there's something else you need to know. Gold is here. We're holed up in his cabin. And he's in town for more than just the Author, but he won't tell me why. Which means whatever it is he's planning, it's bad."

Aurelia stumbled forward, Killian barely catching her as she let out a series of small coughs. "Oh, god. I hated that. Now my voice is all sore" she said, back in control of her body.

Killian pulled her closer, gently rubbing her back as she continued clearing her throat. "So the Dark One's returned" he sighed.

"Yeah. And there's only one person who can help us drive him back out" Emma said. They nodded, piling into David's truck as they headed straight for Gold's shop.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"He's here?" Belle stammered. "But that's impossible."