038

"Fold in the cheese

"Fold in the cheese. Now how do you fold cheese?" Aurelia mumbled.

Aurelia hummed as she flipped through the cookbook propped up against the counter and glanced down at the packet of shredded cheese on the counter.

"You know what, eating so much cheese will be bad for us anyway," she said, deciding she wouldn't even attempt to understand that step.

"You're cooking?" David asked as he walked into the kitchen with Mary Margaret behind him.

"Oh, yeah! I woke up early this morning and thought I'd make breakfast" Aurelia said.

"Do you need any help?" Mary Margaret asked as she looked into the various pots and pans and realized based on the smells and textures, Aurelia had probably never even used a stove before.

"No, I got it. You just sit and relax. It's almost done. I think" she said, mumbling the last part.

David and Mary Margaret looked at each other, scared they'd have to eat whatever she was making.

As Emma, Elsa, and Henry walked inside the smell coming from the kitchen hit them like a pile of bricks.

"Woah. What is that smell?" Henry asked.

"Good smell right? I'm making breakfast" Aurelia smiled. Glancing at his mother, Henry nodded.

"Yeah. It, uh, it smells awesome" he said, looking into a pan of what he thought were supposed to be eggs.

Aurelia just smiled and turned back to the cookbook that she wouldn't admit she was struggling to understand.

"When'd you guys get matching bracelets?" David asked, looking at the yellow ribbon tied around Emma and Aurelia's wrists.

Emma looked down and frowned when she saw the unfamiliar fabric wrapped around her wrist.

"What the hell?" she asked.

Setting down the spatula in her hand, Aurelia ran her fingers over the ribbon. "I don't remember ever putting this on," she said.

"I have one too," Elsa said. The three girls tugged at it, unable to get it off. Aurelia hissed, feeling an uncomfortable sensation run through her body.

"I feel it too. It's like it's funneling all my magic away, like it's harnessing it somehow" Elsa said.

"Any idea what this is?" David asked.

"No. But I have a pretty good idea where it came from" Emma said.

"Guys. What is that?" Henry asked as he looked out the window.

Everyone gathered around him and stared in awe and horror as a giant black storm cloud slowly rolled toward the town.

"Looks like we might have to skip breakfast," Mary Margaret said.