043

Aurelia, Emma, and Regina were in the mayor's office trying to see what they could find on actually getting rid of the monster

Aurelia, Emma, and Regina were in the mayor's office trying to see what they could find on actually getting rid of the monster. When Regina answered her ringing phone, her face went into shock like she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Regina, who is it?" Emma asked.

"The Sea Bitch" Regina smirked and Aurelia and Emma looked at each other wondering who she could be talking about.

They couldn't hear whoever was on the other line but based on what Regina was saying, it obviously wasn't a friend.

"Mostly wondering how a plate of under-cooked calamari ended up with the Dark One's cell phone," Regina said, to whoever was on the line.

"Regina, what's going on?" Emma asked and Regina put her phone on speaker.

"And where is he now?" Regina asked.

It was a woman's voice who answered. "If we're lucky, probably passed out at the dive bar where Cruella and I left him."

"Cruella?" Regina asked.

"Yes, we're back together. Rumple found us in New York. Said he needed some old friends. Told us a tearful tale about how he was living in a quaint town until he ruined everything. But he said it was a special place where villains could find redemption. Regina, Rumplestilskin told us how you've changed. And we've changed, too. We've learned our lessons and we'd like a chance to prove it to you. Please. Let us in."

Regina scoffed and shook her head. "Sorry dears, but we have enough problems without inviting two-"

She was cut off by the sound of the creature from earlier roaring outside.

"Is one of those problems a hell-bat with beady eyes and devil horns?"  the woman asked.

"How did you know that?" Regina asked.

"Because that's the exact same sound it made before it tried to kill me," she said.

"Oh. So you've faced this creature before?" Regina asked.

"Yes, and I can tell you exactly what it wants," she said.

"How convenient," Regina said.

"They've been living in a land without magic. How could they do it?" Emma whispered, not wanting whoever it was to know Regina wasn't alone.

"What if it's the hat?" Aurelia whispered.

"I know" Regina sighed before picking up the phone. "Fine. Tell us what it wants."

"And then you'll let us in?" she asked.

"Even if I wanted to I couldn't," Regina told them.

"Well then I guess you're on your own," she said.