047

After bringing August back to the loft, he gave them some pretty interesting news

After bringing August back to the loft, he gave them some pretty interesting news. He knew where the author was. Trapped inside Henry's storybook. More specifically, inside the illustration of a door.

"How the hell is the author trapped inside the book?" Regina asked, slipping away from Gold and Maleficent long enough to come over and make sure August was okay.

"You're the magic expert" Emma sighed.

"Well, this is insane. What are we supposed to do, draw a key?" Regina asked.

"Or maybe there's a magic key that we have to find," Aurelia said.

"Yeah, one we have to find before Gold does," Emma said.

"Mom!" Henry called.

"What is it?" Regina asked, looking over at him. "There's something wrong with August," he said.

They all rushed over, as Aurelia tried assessing what was wrong with him. "It's not a normal sickness. This is magic" she said.

"What do we do?" Emma asked.

"Maybe we should get him to Blue. She might know how to help" Aurelia said, knowing that a wooden boy who'd been turned into a real boy then a grown man, and back into a boy then back into a man was a problem way out of her league.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"He's been through a lot," Blue said, as she looked over August. He still hadn't woken up on their way to Blue's.

"What's happening? He was awake and then he passed out and...." Emma trailed off, not knowing what happened.

"Well, he's been changed my magic many times. For him to survive this, he will have to be very strong" Blue said.

"We have a bigger problem" Regina mumbled, gesturing for Emma, Aurelia, and Henry to follow her out into the hall. "Gold and these other witches are expecting me. They sent me on a mission to get that page from the book. And if I return empty-handed, whatever suspicions they have of me will be confirmed."

"Then give them this," Emma said, holding up her hand as a replica of the page appeared.

"Wow, you're getting good" Henry noted.

"I've been practicing" Emma smirked.

"A forgery? This is Gold we're talking about" Regina said.

"I think it looks pretty good," Aurelia said, looking closely at the page. "Regina, you can always pull out and we will protect you," Emma said.

"But we still don't know what they're up to. It's a bigger risk not to know" Regina said, pulling out her beeping phone. "That's them. Probably wondering where I am."

"Regina, this forgery is good. I don't think he'll notice" Aurelia said.

"No, it's not good enough. But maybe what we need is a different kind of copy" Regina said, taking a picture of the page on her phone.