073

As Aurelia followed Gold and Milah down into the basement, she held her breath, waiting for Gold's plan to fail and to be turned to dust

As Aurelia followed Gold and Milah down into the basement, she held her breath, waiting for Gold's plan to fail and to be turned to dust. But thankfully that moment never came.

"It worked!" she sighed.

"Indeed. One step closer to hell" Gold sighed as they walked through the candle-lit tunnels. "The spell is gone. We'll be able to pass through on our own now. Thank you, Milah. You can run back to protecting the dead children."

"Wait. I can hear water, what is that?" Aurelia asked.

"The river of lost souls," Milah said. "We can take it to where Hades will have Killian."

"I'm sorry, uh, we can take it? If you think we can get the pirate back, I doubt he's going to swap the blonde for the dead woman" Gold said.

"You might be dark, but sometimes you're still an idiot, Rumple. I have my reasons. Let me come with you" Milah said looking at Aurelia.

"Yeah. Of course you can come" Aurelia smiled, glad that Milah didn't seem to hate her as she thought. And grateful for any company that wasn't Gold.

The three of them walked until they reached a green river, and wails of the souls trapped inside filled their ears. They climbed into a boat, similar to one that took them into the Underworld.

Aurelia looked down into the water, able to see the souls that swam inside. "This thing is safe right?" she asked.

"This boat is the best thing we could've hoped to find. After we pick up the pirate, it'll take us all the way home" Gold said as they approached the other side.

Aurelia looked around, she couldn't tell if it was her magic or just fate but she could feel his presence from somewhere close by.

"This is it. He's here, I can feel it" she said, walking off the boat.

"I'm not leaving the boat," Gold said. "It's too valuable. You're capable of getting the pirate on your own, I'm sure. And don't even think about using magic. Hades would notice anything this close to his home base."

"If he's not moving, I'm not either. If he tries to steal this thing, I'll give a shout" Milah said.

"Thank you" Aurelia nodded before she turned and walked into the tunnel that led deeper into hell.

"This is totally not creepy at all" Aurelia mumbled to herself as she kept walking. When she kept walking she came out the other side and was met with a lake that the river of lost souls pooled into.

Above it was a metal platform, with a hole in the middle. Killian, barely conscious, was tied up in chains, hanging above that hole with a contraption that was slowly lowering him into the river.

"Killian!" Aurelia shouted as she ran over to the edge of the platform. Without using magic, the only way over was to walk across a skinny metal railing, suspended over the river.