064

。゚☆: * camelot 。゚☆: * six weeks ago

As Aurelia and Merlin approached the sight where Prometheus's fire used to be, it wasn't at all what she expected. The structure had fallen apart with nature taking over. It looked like a graveyard and Aurelia couldn't shake the feeling that something horrible happened there.

"This structure marks the end of Prometheus's theft. The stolen flame burned on for a great while, long enough for Excalibur to be both forged and broken here" Merlin said. "This is where the First Dark One killed Nimue, the woman I loved."

"What happened to the flame?" Aurelia asked.

"The First Dark One took it and still possesses it in the form of a single ember with the spark deep inside," Merlin said.

"So I need to get the ember. Okay. How do we summon him?" she asked.

Merlin reached into his pocket and pulled out the dagger, handing it over to her. "They let you take this?" she asked.

"I didn't ask permission. You need its power to talk to the First Dark One, to reach all the way back to the origin of dark magic" he said.

Aurelia flinched at the feeling of the dagger in her hand. "It's buzzing. What does that mean? Are you sure this is safe?"

"Of course it's not. Your power is totally unchecked and I've just handed you the power to kill me" he said.

"Right," she sighed, fumbling with the ring Killian gave her.

"Now, call on the spirit of the previous Dark Ones," he said.

"Okay. I can do this. I can do this" she said, taking a deep breath, hearing Killian's voice in her head, telling her to be careful.

Holding the dagger out in front of her she she watched as her name disappeared and other names of the dark ones, rolled back. "It's not real. It's just in my head" she mumbled.

But a dark figure stood before her, wearing the mask she saw from the memory.

"You did it" Merlin mumbled.

"You can see him, too?" she asked, feeling slightly less crazy.

"Yes. Power has its advantages. And it's not a him" Merlin said.

"What?" she asked, before looking down at the name on the dagger. "Nimue."

The Dark One removed their mask revealing the face of a woman, her skin glistened with dark green scales covering her body.

"Yes. I'm Nimue. And you're Aurelia. How pretty, the First Dark One and the newest Dark One standing as sisters" Nimue smiled.

"I get it. You killed the woman he loved because you killed the woman you used to be. Why didn't you tell me it was her?" Aurelia asked, looking at Merlin.