084

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt? I'd try and help but I don't think my magic is working in this cage" Aurelia said

"I'm alright, love, promise," Killian said, his pained smile proving otherwise.

"I'm sorry. I feel like all this horrible stuff keeps happening to you and it's always my fault" she sighed.

"None of this is your fault," he told her.

"Maybe. But maybe you'd stop getting hurt so much if you stopped following me into danger every time" she said.

"If the pirate says something cheesy like I'd follow you anywhere I'm going to ask that man to come back and strangle me," Zelena said, ruining their mood.

Killian rolled his eyes, ignoring her as he looked at Aurelia. "I would. Even though I'm supposed to be stopping you from getting yourself in trouble."

Hearing the door at the end of the hall, they all stood alert thinking it would be the warden again. But seeing someone of a much smaller stature, Aurelia gasped, recognizing the man from the garden.

"It's you! Oh, I was worried something happened to you. What are you doing here?" she asked.

"What does it look like? I'm here to help you" the man said.

"Help us? Last time you wouldn't even talk to us" David said.

"That's because the Warden was watching me. I had no choice" the man said.

"If you really wanna help us, prove it. Open those bloody bars" Killian said.

"I can't. His orderly, Poole, keeps the key with him at all times. I might be able to get the magic you need, if you'll make a promise to me first" he said.

"Of course. Anything" Aurelia said.

"When you leave this place, promise you'll take me with you back to your home," he said.

"To Storybrooke? Why?" David asked.

"Because I wasn't always the gardener here. I was a doctor before the Warden took control and ruined everything. He made me a prisoner" he said.

"Look. We need magic so I can fix this wand" Zelena said.

"I know exactly where to go. The hospital lab. But I can't take anything without the Warden knowing that it's missing. You'll have to give the pieces to me so I can fix it there. Then I'll bring it back" he said, reaching his hand through the bars.

David quickly grabbed him, holding a piece of sharpened wood to his neck.

"David!" Aurelia snapped.

"No! Why should we trust him?" David asked.

"He's obviously scared of the Warden, just like us," she told him.

"She's right. You've met him, I want to get away from him as much as you do" the man said.