Chapter 2 : Adopting To Her New Life

"Mother I think we should think of some ways for our living now"

Ling Wei said while having dinner with the whole family.

Cheng Waner looks at her daughter in surprise, never expecting her to be this sensible.

"then do you have any idea?"

Ling Bin, her eldest brother asked

"you all know that I am an ignorant being, but maybe we can do what the villagers do? You know? Farming"

"My granddaughter is really smart!"

Ding Cui exclaims exaggeratedly making Ling Wei blush shyly!

"Don't worry Mother, Grandma I will help! I will learn diligently so I won't be a burden to the whole family"

Ling Wei said solemnly

"me too! me too! I know a little! don't worry Mother and Grandma I will teach elder sister!"

"me! me! Xing Dan taught me how to farm! I will be a big help!"

Ling He and Ling Han exclaim.

"Mother I will also help!us helping will reduce a huge workload"

the eldest seriously said

"That can't do!"

Ling Wei loudly object

"big brother you will have to go back to the academy! you can't just throw away everything! we can handle this okay?"

"no! I can't do that! I am the older man in the family! you all are more important than my study!"

Cheng Waner look at her eldest son and daughter, then finally made the decision

"Bin-er I know you are the most filial, but your father and grandfather want you to pass the exam"

"But mother!"

Ling Bin objects, he is unwilling! he can't turn around from his family to pursue his dad and grandpa's dream for him!

he won't feel at ease at all!

Ling Wei understands his struggle so she suggests

"big brother, you still have a month to stay with us before returning to the academy, so why not observe us? if you see that we can manage everything, you can only be at ease right?"

Ling Bin looks at his sister who suddenly turned for better.

they all noticed the big change in her.

she is prideful, so she looked down on everyone except her family.

everyone in their village knows how to do housework and farming except her.

her disdain towards the villagers is apparent!

but after passing out due to their father and grandfather's passing away, she changed.

they all know how big the impact it is on her, he still wants to dote on her and let her live just like before, but seeing her become sensible, he is happier and sad at the same time.

their family can be considered rich in the village.

so all of them didn't have to farm and work.

but now, everything will have to change.

In the end, Ling Bin agreed reluctantly, but his mind is already clear about what he wants for the future.

Cheng Waner and her mother-in-law Ding Cui come to the village chief to expand their land.

they have money to spend so it is easy for them, above their husband, to stay as soldiers for 2 years.

they sent them 4 silver taels monthly, and for this village, it is a huge amount of money.

the mother and daughter-in-law saved some money, and the soldiers gave them more than 100 silver tales as an award for the bravery of the father and son.

and they also learned that both of them saved their superior so they were awarded huge sum.

but money can't compare to the lives of their beloved.

While the elderly are not around, Ling Wei didn't stay still and decided to climb the mountain.

bringing a small basket, she excitedly goes out of the house

"elder sister, where are you going?"

Ling Han the youngest in the family ask

"elder sister wants to search for something good in the mountain"

"elder sister let me come to you! I can protect you!"

Ling He proudly said

"then elder sister will have to rely on our Ling He"

"me too! me too! I can protect sister!"

Ling Wei giggles and just brings the two radishes with her.

her father and grandpa was hunter, she heard that the mountain is not dangerous, only the forest behind is off-limit.

while walking, Ling Wei can't help but marvel at the beautiful scenery.

as a modern person, a princess lives in the city, Ling Wei didn't see any view as breathtaking as this!

the tall trees, the green grass, the beautiful wildflowers, and the chirping of big and small birds are like relaxing music in her ears.

she inhaled the refreshing cold air and close her eyes.

she commit to live a good and accomplished life, she won't forget her parents from her previous life but she will embrace and cherish her new family and won't have any regret.

Ling Wei enjoyed their walk for 30 minutes, but not after!

and the worst part is, they still didn't harvest anything!

fine! She accepted the fact that she didn't have any space, spring water, living water, a magical pet, or any Goldfinger but why can't she have any luck just like transmigrated senior sisters and brothers?

"Sister, are you tired? we are almost there"

Ling Wei pause her grumbling and then look at Ling He perplexed

"sister this is just the entrance, we didn't reach the mountain yet!"

Ling Han kindly explain while giggling

"serious?"

Ling He and Ling Han giggle again at her unbelieving reaction

"We are almost there"

Ling Han said still giggling

"Are you teasing your sister now huh?"

she asks sternly but the boys just giggle more.

Ling Wei giggles as well then resume walking while listening to the two radishes.

"sister look! we are here!"

Ling Han excitedly exclaims when they reached the mountain, Ling Wei sighs at the sight.

compared to the sight earlier, this is heaven!

"sister look! mushrooms! A lot of them!"

Ling Wei looks at where her brother pointing and gets excited seeing that there are tons of them!

"Quick! Quick! let us take them!"

then she hurriedly plucks them.

no one can't blame her though! It is her first time harvesting vegetables!

her maternal grandparents owned a small farm but she never visited them! instead, it was the elders who always visited her!

remembering this, she realized how unfilial she was!