Chapter 14: Paints

Ling Bin follows him until they reach the old meeting room.

he sat down then excitedly use the paper and ink.

"This is truly amazing!"

Ling Bin purse his lips and made a decision

"master, i can tell you how to make it"

the old man looks at him and asks seriously

"do you know who am i?"

Ling Bin looked at him then shook his head,

the old man already guest it so he honestly said

"I am the academy chief"

Ling Bin's eyes widen then bow lower

"This student greets master Shu Qi! i am truly sorry for not recognizing the academy chief!"

Shu Qi waves his hand

"it's fine!no worry! this contribution of yours is big! a lot of things can change with this improved paper and ink do you know?"

Ling Bin shook his head and beg

"chief academy I can teach all of the students here about making those! I won't ask for anything! as long as it can improve everyone then it's fine"

he is really afraid, afraid that his family life will be disturbed because of this and Shu Qi can see it

"Don't worry! nobody will disturb your family"

"master just let me teach everyone okay?"

Shu Qi laugh

"even if you teach them, do you think you can make it 100 percent? it was your sister who make it right? the one who made the jar as well?"

Ling Bin froze, he just look down and didn't answer,

Shu Qi laugh again

"I knew it from the very first time I saw her, her eyes are bright and clear and contain full of knowledge! don't worry no single soul except us will know it! trust me okay? when I go to the capital i will show it to the emperor! tell me what reward you want?"

Ling Bin look at the old man and said

"my only wish is for my family to live carefree and in peace"

Shu Qi nod

"i will swear upon my name and even my title as the emperor's teacher that i will make sure that your family's life will resume normally"

Ling Bin was shocked again, so him seeing the emperor is not only talk.

"and i plan to join the army"

Shu Qi didn't expect that

"so you want position? i don't think that is possible at your age"

"no master! i promise my sister that i will join if the previous war residue is completely cleaned up! she wants me to train as a soldier first"

Shu Qi nod in agreement

"your sister has foresight! then you only want some information?"

Ling Bin nods his head

"when everything is clear, i will join the military! but i need to assure her first"

"It's not hard at all! what else?"

"master just these two, please! my family's safety and the information about the previous war"

Shu Qi nod in agreement.

Ling Wei didn't know that because of her paper and ink, her big brother gain a lot!

when Ling Bin left, she dedicated herself to making color pigments.

everything she needed is only around her so it was easier for her.

she uses beeswax and linseed oil as binder at the same time, she has wood varnish thanks to linseed oil.

she also happens to realize that beeswax and soap have the same texture.

she tried making one but she doesn't know how the soap can produce bubbles so she stop.

she knows that it will take time but, she will succeed, she knows it.

they already start replanting the seed sprouts in their field.

their backyard and front yard are already almost full thanks to Ling Wei bringing wild plants.

her family didn't ask anything and just agree to anything she ask.

Every time she is not busy, Ling Wei is painting everywhere, sometimes inside their home, but most of the time she is painting on the treetop.

her family was surprised silly seeing her painting.

they didn't know that the ink can have a different kinds of colors!

and the most amazing is Ling Wei's drawing!

they don't know how to describe the painting!

Ling Wei, sigh the truth is her painting is nothing much, her paper is ordinary so she cant paint as she likes.

she will have to make acrylic paper but it is not easy!

after finishing nature paintings she decided to draw a charcoal 2 whole family portrait.

she will send one of them to Ling Bin and keep one for them.

while she was busy painting, Cheng Waner is improving her dried foods and pickled food.

she already buys a store at the market.

she cannot just rely on her children's honey so she experiments with various ways to pickled and dry foods.

"mother why not make some tea?"

Ling Wei suggested, but Cheng Waner didn't know what leaves to dry for tea.

"if i have a chance, i will check for you! maybe there is a book about tea! then you can add fruits to it! and make fruit tea!"

Cheng Waner's eyes brighten

"we can try that! but for now, let mother focus on food first"

Ling Wei smiles and nods.

she make a lot of small wicker basket and varnishes them.

her family liked it very much!

It was the first time they saw a shiny and smooth wicker basket.

Ling Wei wanted to use them for her mother's dried goods and jars for her pickled foods.

when winter enters, Cheng Waner wants to go to Ling Bin's academy to send him the winter clothes she made but Ling Wei stopped her and volunteers.

"mother, I never visit big brother's academy! let me go okay? the village chief will also go, right? so i will be safe if i go with him!"

Ling Wei said, the village chief's son is also a student, but he is older than Ling Bin so maybe they don't have much interaction.

Cheng Waner finally agreed when the village chief was included.

she trusts the old chief, he is kind and upright so she knows that she will be fine.

Cheng Waner prepare a lot of things, even the dried foods and improved pickled vegetables were sent over.

Ling Wei brought more papers, ink jars, one of her nature paintings, and the charcoal family portrait she just finishes.