Chapter 66

The next day, Ling Wei received a shocking news

"what? I have ceased someone's else fiance? What the heck? Even using my power and money just to silence the real fiancee? Do I look that desperate? What the hell? I am this beautiful and rich! Why would I lower myself in doing such cheap thing?"

"miss what do you think we should do?"

Xiao Ying asks anxiously

"let them! For now, let them spread this stupid rumor, sooner or later my name will be cleared so no need to waste time and effort for those brainless people"

"miss not good!"

Xiao Yue said right after Ling Wei said

"what happened again?"

"The rumors we received are different! The real rumor is about Miss Nini"

Ling Wei suddenly stood up

"What did you say? Tell me everything"

The rumor is about Ling Wei using her status and money just to forcefully take a man away whom her friend took a fancy! That man is already engaged! "

Ling Wei turned ballistic right away

"how dare them! I want to know everything! Investigate it right now and I want the answer right away!"

She said then ask

"How is Nini? Is she fine? this is not good! I have to see her this instant"

"Young Miss we cannot do that"

Momo Sang who is the calmest said

"why? I can't just ignore it! "

"My Young miss, I am pretty sure that the person behind is waiting for your next move, once they see how anxious you are, they will use it to their advantage"

"then what can I do?"

Ling Wei said almost crying

"Young Miss send a letter to Miss Nini, ask them not to do anything, not until we find out who is the person behind it"

Ling Wei sighed defeatedly, Sang momo has a point, Lu Nini will be wronged for now but she will definitely find it out sooner and fix it.

She will make the person behind pay for this.

How dare they hurt the people dear to her!

Ling Wei or Long Yi Sheng's people are the most capable so after half a day Ling Wei already received the report.

When she saw the report Ling Wei's anger reached its peak.

Ding Cui and Chen Waner also read the report and turned pale

"Weiwei is this accurate? "

Ding Cui asked

"Grandma it is, I trust our people so I know this is real"

"then what can we do? Poor Nini, she has been implicated unknowingly"

Ling Wei squints her eyes.

Based on the report, it was the mother-daughter bitch who spread the rumor, but behind them is the Gu family.

Natal Family of concubine Gu who was thrown into the cold palace because of her family.

Yes, she was the one who brought those groups who are good at imitating.

Just because Ling Wei threw out her servant years before that is why she did that.

Now her family is included.

"I will go to the prefect"

"Young miss the prefect is close to the Gu family"

The guard informs Ling Wei.

She nodded in understanding.

She wants to try, but if the prefect makes a funny judgment, she won't let it go.

But the prefect did not disappoint her because when she arrived he just dismissed her case.

"so the prefect's meaning is my case cannot be handled by you? That this is just a waste of time for you? Despite all the evidence I am holding? "

The fat man just looked at her with disdain, obviously looking down at her

"don't waste our time here, we all have enough problems to solve! "

Ling Wei slammed her hand and looked straight into the prefect's eyes

"Have you forgotten who am I? I am Ling Wei, and what does the Ling do? We do a lot of business, have you heard it clearly? A lot! Meaning my tax is enough to cover your salary until next life"

The prefect just snorts not paying attention but Ling Wei is not done yet

"I heard that you have a connection to this family"

The prefect finally reacted but Ling Wei continues

"why not I use my own connection as well? Where do you think the Zhou or the Fu family? Or else"

She smiled condensing

"or I will use my money to dig every skeleton in your closet? And scatter it to all the people not just here in the capital but also the whole country? I have a lot of money and this little thing can be easily resolved once those shiny little ingots speak right? Just like what is happening now?"

Then she stood up and marched out, but before she left she said

"and here was I tried given you a chance"

The prefect finally realized his grave mistake.

"w-w-wait miss Ling! Please let me do it! I-I was just confused for a while!"

But Ling Wei just ignored him

"There is only one chance but you already wasted it"

But before her carriage started another one came and stopped them.

The prefect was shocked to see a palace carriage stop in front of them, then even more frightened when Chief Eunuch Guan alighted the carriage and went to Ling We's

"Miss Wei, how are you?"

Ling Wei got down from her carriage and politely answered

"Chief Eunuch Guan I am good, how are you and what brings you here? "

"the emperor heard what happened so he ordered me to intercede"

Ling Wei pursed her lips

"Chief Eunuch Guan no need, it is just a small matter, you already have enough on your plate"

Chief Eunuch Guan laugh

"the emperor places great importance on Miss Wei so of course this issue should be addressed first"

The fatty prefect trembled to hear that,

"Chief Eunuch Guan please tell his majesty that he can entrust me with this case"

Chief Eunuch Guan stares at him and then brings out a decree denouncing him.

"the emperor also conducted an investigation into all of the officials planning to purge out every trash official like you"

Then he turned to Ling Wei

"Miss Wei, what do you think should be the punishments of these corrupt officials?"

"announce their evil deeds and wickedness to the public and let those people throw all kinds of rotten things just to reduce the heartache of the victims then the judgment will only be given after victim's heart is already soothed"

The prefect was petrified by the idea, having paraded and mock by these commoners they looked down on was the worst punishment.