Chapter 54

While Lu Nini is blushing hard because of shame and cold while Ling Bin is throwing dagger glares at his brothers, a group of soldiers came.

The soldiers saluted and greeted the group.

Fu Hai, Long Yi Sheng, and Shi Wu followed by Xiong Tian and the other 2 more captains.

"General Zhou this is the envoy sent by the emperor"

Fu Hai looks at the new group and look at Lu Nini and Ling Bin,

Ling Bin's face blacken again but still explain

"General Fu this is Lu Nini, she is my sister's best friend"

Fu Hai face it up

"you are the little girl's best friend?"

Lu Nini nods shyly then suddenly remember something

"Brother Ling Bin this note is for you"

Then she handed a small piece of paper to Ling Bin, Ling Bin accept the paper and chuckled after reading it.

Long Yi Sheng shot a glance towards the piece of paper with curiosity but Zhou Boyin is more curious

"boy, what did your sister write?"

Ling Bin shook his head and say

"nothing important, just asking us to take good care of Nini"

Long Yi Sheng's eyebrow rose but did not say anything.

Ling Bin hides away the piece of paper and leads Nini and her group to the tent to prepare for us.

But before he could move, Xiong Tian are walking away with them.

He froze for a moment and hurriedly follow, remembering his sister's note, but more on a warning.

"please take good care of Nini and please make sure that she won't be bullied or else"

That were the only words she write but he can imagine his cute little sister making a killing sign while beaming.

"by the way Nini girl, how is the capital?"

Fu Hai ask after everyone settled down.

Ling Nini reports everything and also hands over a letter.

"General, Weiwei told me that this is for you, it is from Madam Fu, when she heard that I will come here, she informed Madam Fu directly, Madam also sent a lot of things for the general"

Fu Hai's grin brightly makes his captains tease him

"general is blushing, this is kinda scary"

"general please just be serious! Your smile is blinding"

"general show us what madam general gifted"

"SHUT UP! you stinky brats! Find yourselves a wife also! So you will stop envying me"

Fu Hai roar and. marched out with the letter in his hand.

He did not notice that the two of his subordinate had different reactions compared with others.

Long Yi Sheng who had been long planning on how to abduct 'someone' when the time comes feeling down, based on his understanding of the little girl, he will surely have a long way to go.

And Xiong Tian, who remained single until now has a subtle reaction while taking a quick glance at Lu Nini.

Lu Nini noticed the subtle glance so she blushed hard and excused herself to rest.

Xiong Tian's eyes smiled seeing Lu Nini 'fleeing' like she was being chased by a big bad wolf.

Long Yi Sheng who noticed the peculiar exchange between the two smirks.

It seems that Captain Xiong Tian has now found his prey.

Yes, after two years, the four tentmates have been promoted.

Long Yi Sheng and Xiong Tian are now captains and Shi Wu and Ling Bin is now lieutenant.

Ling Bin didn't inform his family because he want to inform them personally.

And based on his performance, sooner or later he will get another promotion.

Lu Nini rested for a day then woke up early the next day wanting to do her obligation.

After dressing up properly with the help of the maidservants Ling Wei arranged for her they go out of her tent but was surprised to see Xiao Tian right outside her tent.

"C-captain Xiong, how may I help you?"

"Are you afraid of me?"

He asked back

Lu Nini shook her head vehemently that make Xiong Tian's face brighten a bit

"breakfast first"

Then one of his soldiers hands the tray full of food.

Lu Nini blushed and say her thanks in a meek voice and asked

"h-how about you captain? Have you eaten?"

Xiong Tian pause for a moment then nod

"I did, go ahead and eat first, then I will tour you around"

Lu Nini blushed again and hurriedly enter the tent but after a while, she take a peek from the inside and invite him

"C-captain Xiong why not wait for me inside"

Xiong Tian chuckle while looking at the peeking person but decline the invitation

"no need, don't mind me"

Lu Nini purses her lips, can she even do that? So in the end, she ate extremely fast.

"done already?"

He asked feeling baffled, aren't girls normally eat slower?

"d-done, let us go?"

But seeing the flustered appearance of Lu Nini he sigh feeling helpless.

Next time he should learn to be more considerate, in his mind, making a girl eat very fast is truly.

He sighs again and remembers this mistake.

Ling Bin visits Lu Nini right after his training.

Then he invites her to eat lunch together.

Not far from them, Xiong Tian squints his eyes while looking at the interaction between the two.

The soldiers near him shiver feeling the death looming over them.

Long Yi Sheng laughs secretly and pats Xiong Tian's shoulder

"Captain Xiong, your soldiers are shivering hard, are you sure you want to scare them like this?"

Xiong Tian doesn't seem to hear Long Yi Sheng so he rephrases his term

"The beauty will surely scare off if you act this way"

Then Xiong Tian calms himself.

Long Yi Sheng chuckle then advised him

"Lieutenant Ling Bin and her grew up together, Lu Nini is Lieutenant Ling Bin's best friend so he is treating her as his younger sister, the beauty is listening to the lieutenant's sister and Weiwei is extremely over-protected so captain if you want to hold the beauty don't throw your jealousy anywhere"

XiongTian purses his lips, he understands LongYi Sheng's meaning, if he suddenly becomes hostile to Ling Bin, and offends him, so the wife chasing will be more difficult.

But he cannot stop himself.

For more than 20 years of his life, after seeing her, he knows that she is the one that he is been waiting for.

And he knows that he will do anything just to marry her so he instantly volunteered himself as the tour guide of the envoy.