Chapter 3 : Find A Way To Earn

"Why did you pluck a lot of mushrooms? what are we gonna do if these all go bad?"

Cheng Waner asks her children incredulous seeing a basket full of mushrooms

"Mother it's our fault! we did not stop sister, we just saw her so happy so we let her be"

Ling Han explains seriously.

it is their elder sister's first time going out, and they are happy and excited for her.

And it is her first time picking up mushrooms, and after noticing how she enjoyed it, they let her go

"Mother, what is wrong? Is having a lot of mushrooms bad?"

Cheng Waner is helpless in her daughter's ignorance

"it is not bad, but, it is still summer now so the vegetables can easily rot"

Ding Cui explains patiently

"then dry it? make some dry mushrooms, it won't go bad right?"

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner pause and look at her in surprise

"what drying? how?"

Ling Bin heard and ask curiously.

Ling Wei swallow, she didn't know that drying vegetables in this era is unknown, and yet

"just like those medicinal herbs! they are drying those, right? why is not possible in vegetables? all of them are plants isn't it?"

Cheng Waner is still unsure but Ding Cui laugh

"My granddaughter is genius! okay, let Grandma try drying them! I am sure it will work"

Ling Bin shook his head, his sister has a point, the medicine in those medicine halls is dried, so why did no one ever consider trying it on the vegetable?

"Mother, how is it?"

Ling Wei suddenly asks remembering the land expansion

"the village chief said that he will help us buy the land around us"

"Mother, why not build a chicken coop and pigpen? then buy a small stall downtown?"

Ling Wei suggested,

"Are you sure we can manage that?"

Cheng Waner asks unsure.

she came from a rich family too, so she is a little ignorant about farming, she only knows the household work.

"Don't worry Mother! everything can be learned! just think about it okay?"

Cheng Waner nod, she wants to ask her mother-in-law about this, she is the only person who is knowledgeable about farming.

Ling Wei sigh in relief, she was quite scared earlier,  it's good that her mind is quick, she managed to think of an excuse.

she didn't know how this family will react if they discover that she is not the original one!

she didn't want to be burned alive! The people will surely think that she is some kind of evil being!

she shivers while imagining a barbecued Ling Wei.

The mother and daughter-in-law decided to raise piglets and chicks.

The villagers were informed about the Ling family building a chicken coop and pigpen so the men without hesitation came bringing their tools to help.

when Ling Wei saw this, she is amazed, especially since the villagers don't want payments, just meals will be enough.

Ling Wei sighs, then hurriedly bring her little brothers to the mountain to try her luck again.

maybe this time she will obtain some treasure.

but after 2 hours of toiling, she acquired nothing!

they saw some wild vegetables and the likes but, Ling Wei is not interested at all!

she bit her lips in frustration and look up.

looking resentfully in heaven.

Fine, she is not lucky! there is none at all! all the novels lied!

She thought as a transmigrator they have all the luck in the world, but except for those unknown wild vegetables and annoying bees buzzing around her, she can't see anything useful!

while looking up, she saw the huge beehive on top of the tree and thought about her favorite desserts with honey, especially her mom's honey cake and milk tea with honey!

while swallowing mournfully, her eyes brighten.

That is right! She can harvest wild honey and sell it to the city downtown!

she laughs happily and asks her brother

"Ling Han, can you climb that tree and take the honey?"

Ling Han looks at the swarming bees in the hive and turns pale.

Ling Wei noticed his panic so she explains

"Don't worry! I know how to drive out those bees! trust me"

Ling Han look at her sister doubtfully but seeing her confident smile he nodded.

Ling Wei look around but was disappointed to see nothing that can be used.

"forget it! better to do it tomorrow! I will gather what we need first"

the brothers look at each other and then nod, their father said that whatever their sister said, agree to it.

Ling Wei first weave a bamboo basket, as a person who loves art, she already weaved a bamboo basket before, but she just didn't weave one but designed one as well.

when she starts doing something, her concentration is 100 percent focused.

she weaves at the back of their house near the pigpen and chicken coop that is still undergoing building.

when the people saw her nimble and swift hand, they are surprised.

they didn't expect this from her.

they all know that this daughter of the Ling family is extremely spoiled and ignorant!

but watching her weaving a basket, they thought that the rumor about her is all false!

After the basket, Ling Wei sighs in disappointment, this is plain!

She sighs sadly while looking around to find something to use to seal the basket tightly, she doesn't want any leakage in it!

At the same time, she wants something to decorate the boring-looking basket she made.

She look around and saw trees, then her eyes lit up, and got an idea!

she searches for the pine trees and damages them for their sap.

then took some bamboo as the sap container.

she damage quite a lot because she needed it urgently.

then she picks some small wildflowers with different colors.

She decorated the basket with small flowers when the sap is enough, she pour it into the basket equally.

she smiles widely seeing her work.

while waiting for the sap to dry on the basket, Ling Wei weaves a bag made of leaves to put inside the basket.

then she weaves a basket lid but this time she uses a flat huge flower as the design.