Chapter 68

After the announcement of Concubine Gu Ai Jing's death, Ling Wei's heart constricted.

She did not mean for anyone to die, she just wanted them to be punished.

She purposely did not include concubine Gu Ai Jing but the emperor still found out.

So again she asked Long Li Na for help to enter the palace

"Silly child, no need to ask me, just bring the token that was given to you when you became the royal merchant"

Ling Wei did not know that she could use that as a key to enter the palace, after thanking the madam she secretly entered the palace but used the back gate.

The servants were startled and hurriedly reported to the chief eunuch.

Chief Eunuch Guan hurriedly welcomes Ling Wei after receiving the report.

"little girl, why use the backdoor? Why are you being sneaky?"

The emperor made fun of her after entering

Ling Wei pursed her lips

"but I don't want to cause any trouble, even though I already did"

Long Chuan saw the remorse and deep regret in Ling Wei so he explains

"little girl it is not your fault, she has done a lot of evil deeds you have done nothing wrong, she deserves it"

Ling Wei sighed heavily

"Did I cause disrespect?"

The emperor laugh

"no disrespect, foolish little girl, do not burden yourself on adults' problems okay? When you grow up you will know that there is a lot of evil in this world but for now, enjoy being young, stay being you, and cherish the moment that you are well protected"

Ling Wei disagree

"I cannot! I have to get stronger! My loved ones will be protected by me"

Long Chuan laughed again

"then you cannot be moved with just this little drawback, I do also hope that you grow up strong but at the same time I want you to stay as innocent as you are, but it is impossible"

Ling Wei nodded, she is not kind, she will fight back and will avenge her loss but even though she has lived here for many years now but she still cannot forget the fact that she came from the modern world so life and death are nonetheless substantial.

After leaving the emperor's study room she was stopped and invited to the empress dowager's palace.

Ling Wei was startled and started being nervous.

She will meet the most powerful woman in the country, her mind is running here and there but she does not expect the outcome

"Ling Wei, come ler aija see you, aija have been wanting to meet you for a long time now but aija heard that you don't like the palace much so aija did not invite you, after hearing that you enter the palace aija hurriedly order my people to invite you"

Ling Wei smiled bashfully

"if the empress dowager just wants, Ling Wei will enter the palace anytime"

The empress dowager laughs at her reluctant appearance while saying those words.

"Little girl don't push yourself"

Ling Wei smiled sheepishly

"maybe occasionally"

The empress dowager giggles

"then occasionally I will invite you here okay? I have been wanting to thank you for the gifts you sent me these past years"

"Please Empress Dowager no need to thank me, it was just a small effort, to tell you the truth it was Madam Zhou who asked me"

"aija knows, but she only asked you 1 time and the rest it was your own occurred"

The empress dowager smiles brightly, the little girl is just too honest, Li Na is right, Ling Wei does not like fawning.

In the end, Ling Wei stayed at the dowager's palace the whole time and even ate with her.

When Ling Wei came home, she felt that her body and mind would fall apart at any moment.

After clearing up Lu Nini's name, the wedding plan is resumed but without Xiong Tian.

He needs to return to the base to finish everything and come home before the wedding.

After a tearful farewell, Xiong Tian boarded the boat.

Meanwhile, inside the camp, Long Yi Sheng crumpled the piece of paper with a blank expression.

The report was about the royal family's secret.

Gu Ai Jing wrote everything on a piece of paper.

She said that the empress is not the biological mother of the princes and princesses.

The ancestor who started this rule said that it was a way to avoid the conflict between the retainers and the emperor, it makes sense

Every prince can fight equally for the title crown prince but if the prince is born a concubine it is a different story.

If the concubine has a strong family background it will cause a huge impact.

There will be different fractions, different fractions means different sides, different sides mean internal conflicts and internal conflicts mean never-ending fights between themselves.

Those with a stronger family background will do anything just to let their kin sit on the throne.

So these fights won't be between the princes anymore but instead, it will become the fight between the strong and big families.

But what if the person won has a strong family background but a weak personality? He will end up as a controlled puppet.

Long Yi Sheng is not surprised that they are not the empress's offspring.

None of them have any resemblance to the empress and she never cared for them.

It was obvious that she was a mother by name only.

But Long Yi Sheng did not want to keep this rule.

His children's mother can be only one.

So this news can be announced in public, so this rule can be buried with the ancestor who made this decree.

After ordering his men, Long Yi Sheng smiles smugly.

After giving his father a huge headache he is now in a good mood.

These few days because of missing the little girl, his spirit is down.

Thanks to Gu Ai Jing, his mood improved significantly.

Long Chuan threw the report he just received.

After Gu Ai Jing's death, she still gives him a problem! And a huge problem at that!

This royal secret should be a secret known by only the emperor, empress, and the empress dowager.

But now it's been leaked so he can only pacify his retainer's anger and explain the situation

But he won't bend down, if these people cause a huge commotion in selecting the crown prince, then he will remove the prince these people have chosen.

He will make sure that no one will dare.