Chapter 119

Wu Pei settled in the palace for a week then Ling Bin came to fetch him.

Ling Wei already explains his situation so Ling Bin already knows where to put him first.

Ling Wei sighed while reading Long Yi Sheng's letter, she kept on rereading the letter until she memorized every word.

She missed him badly! She kissed Dingbang loudly and started replying to his letter.

She tells him anything happens inside the palace including Wu Hao, but of course, hides the matter about him being transmigrated.

The days proceed like usual but, Ling Wei's close maids especially Momo Sang are starting to doubt.

Her Majesty's monthly visit hasn't arrived yet and it has been almost two months now!

But the Empress seems to be in better health! Unlike what she experienced with the first prince so without a choice she asked for a physician to check on her.

"Congratulations to the empress! The empress is two months pregnant!"

Ling Wei froze and gently touched her flat belly.

She hurriedly gives everyone rewards and starts writing a letter to tell her husband.

Because it is only two months so it is not yet appropriate to announce so they keep it a secret for now.

Ling Wei hurriedly sent the letter expecting her husband to rush back home after hearing the news but instead, she was given a piece of different news.

His Majesty the Emperor Ling Wei's husband Long Yi Sheng has fallen ill!

Ling Wei almost fell when she read the letter came from Long Yi Sheng's guard.

It was good that her maids caught her on time before she hit the floor.

"Your Majesty! What is wrong?"

They asked worriedly seeing the pail and tears-stained face of Ling Wei.

"M-m-momo have I read wrong? C-can you please read it for me?"

She said while shaking and clutching Momo Sang's hand.

The elderly lady gently helped her in her bed and took the letter.

She bit her lips and read the letter.

Ling Wei stared at her intently and did not let any reaction pass.

When she saw that Sang Momo turned pale and her eyes started tearing up, she knew the answer then she passed out.

"Your Majesty!"

"Empress!"

The whole palace was turned chaotic instantly.

When Ling Wei opens her eyes again her family and friends are there looking at her worriedly.

She tries smiling but in the end, she cannot after remembering what happened to Long Yi Sheng.

It turns out that he did not go for an inspection and instead searched for a doctor that could cure his illness.

It said that it started after Long Dingbang was born and as time went by it got worse.

And just a few days, he fell into a coma, and the letter did not say where are they right now.

Ling Wei cried until she fell asleep making her family worried again.

The ruckus makes everyone confused and doubtful so for the sake of the safety of the emperor Ling Wei lets her people announce her pregnancy.

The green-eyed people who are waiting to overthrow the emperor were silenced by this news but they did not give up.

They still search for proof that this is not only about the empress.

But despite searching and investigating hard, they see no clues so they stop and wait again.

"That is why he did not bring me along!"

Ling Bin said to Ling Wei after a few days

"Brother, have you found out his location?"

Ling Wei asks, Ling Bin looks at his sister with worry.

Just a few days have passed but it already takes toll on Ling Wei's body.

Her complexion became sickle pail and her weight started dropping, her eyes were always red and swollen because of crying making them all helpless.

"Weiwei you know that we cannot act rashly, it will put you all in danger! A lot of enemies are watching our every step, calm down for a while! I promise you I will find him no matter what"

Ling Wei bit her lips and hugged Long Dingbang tightly.

It was him and the baby inside her are the ones giving her strength.

"This is really bad for Weiwei, if this continues I am afraid that she will fall ill as well"

Ping Mu said while traveling back from visiting Ling Wei.

Zhi Heng gently hug her and whisper

"The empress needs all of you now so you have to be stronger, I promise you that I will keep the throne safe until the emperor's return"

Ping Mu blushingly hug him back and thank him

"That is a huge relief, thank you so much"

"What thank you? We are husband and wife, it is only natural that I will lessen your burden"

"I think it should be me who lessens your burden"

"Wife, you will never be my burden, you are my strength"

Ping Mu smiled but then pushed him away

"Don't try sweet-talking me! You will still go to sleep in the study!"

Zhi Heng hug her tighter and whisper

"Wife you cannot blame me for overdoing a bit! I have been abstinent for more than 20 years!"

Ping Mu glares at him and said

"What do you mean over did it a bit? When I woke up my whole body was in pain! Anyway! This is my final decision"

But when the night got deeper, Ping Mu suddenly felt that she floated but because she was too tired so she resumed sleeping.

But when morning comes, she slaps the man beside her irritably.

The crazy man brought her inside the study while she was fast asleep!

"Wife, already listen to you! I slept in the study"

Ping Mu did not want to pay him any attention and just left without turning back.

Zhi Heng chuckles seeing his wife speechless and angry at the same time.

He is glad that her mind is not with the empress for a while, although he knows the importance of the empress to his wife and they have known each other since they were young but he cannot help but feel jealous.