Chapter 82

"and also my yard is empty, no concubine or even bed warmer"

Ling Bin nodded, he knew this, it was an obvious fact, he was not short of admirers, a lot of women, ordinary or nobles, even princesses from different countries obviously reeling at him but, all of them were treated the same, coldly.

"There is only one girl who I treated nicely because from the beginning I knew, I wanted to marry her"

Ling Bin goes through his memory, thinking who is Long Yi Sheng talking about?

"Your Highness I am truly happy for you, but do I know her?"

Long Yi Sheng looked at him seriously

"think again"

Ling Bin tried again but, the answer was the same

"I don't know Your Highness, except for my sister"

Then he paused, his face ashen and turned dark

"Your Highness this is a joke right?"

Long Yi just looked at him and did not answer but Ling Bin could see that he was serious

"so you get close to me because you have evil intentions towards my sister?"

"no, you becoming my brother has nothing to do with your sister, your confidence has to be boosted! and Ling Bin my intention towards your sister is not evil, I am already 21 and still unmarried because all this time I have been waiting for her"

"But she won't survive in a palace! And she will die of heartbreak once you take your second wife and third"

Ling Bin said worriedly, her sister is too innocent and kind for a shallow water-like palace fight.

"I won't, I swore to her that I will never gonna do that! She is my one and only"

Long Yi Sheng said with a more solemn tone

"so you already told her?"

"yes! But she told me to ask everyone's permission in the family, and even if she did not tell I would still beg everyone because I know how much you all love her, i talked to her because her opinion is important"

Even if her family agreed if she did not, it would be useless, but knowing her, she will compromise for them, Ling Bin knows this well.

"and think about it, besides me, there is no other person who deserves your sister! I can give her anything she wants and most of all I can protect her well, I can deflect any harm that will come, and I won't let anyone hurt her"

Ling Bin is silently thinking and after a long while he finally said

"if one of your promises has broken, I will take her back! I don't care if you are the crown prince or the future monarch but I will do anything with my power to protect her even against you"

Long Yi Sheng smiled obviously in relief

"Anyone who will try to hurt her deserves to die"

"then I will not stop you anymore but I won't help you either"

Ling Bin said and left.

Long Yi Sheng shook his head at his brother's desolate appearance.

He understands him, the person he spoiled to no end is about to be snatched away, but maybe he should find himself a wife too?

But he smiles happily, the hardest hurdle has been resolved!

The next day, Ling Bin and Xiong Tian left the capital to go back to the village while Long Yi Sheng started his busy life as the newly appointed crown prince.

He wants to finish everything sooner because he wants to see his sweetheart.

"big brother, you have returned! so how was the welcome banquet? Did get another promotion?"

Ling Wei exclaims after seeing her brother, The last time he came they did not have a chance to talk.

"Weiwei! How are you? The family? Did you sneak out again?"

He asked knowingly

"How is it sneaking out? I asked for permission okay?"

She came out to visit the fruit orchard to pick some but she saw him so she stopped

Ling Bin chuckled, enjoying his sister's flustered appearance but his mood dropped to zero degrees remembering the pig.

"Weiwei, did you know that Prince Long Yi Sheng is now crowned as crowd prince?"

Ling Wei knit her eyebrows hearing the news

"he seems pretty useless prince to me though"

Ling Bin chuckled

"but you still agree to marry him"

Ling Wei froze then Looked at him with widened eyes

"he told you? but I told him that if you all only agreed"

"yeah, he already asked for my permission, but I told him that if you ever got hurt because of him I would fight him to take you back"

Ling Wei's eyes redden

"don't worry brother! I am pretty sure that he won't marry anymore, especially now that he become the crown prince, the emperor and the ministers won't allow him to marry me"

Ling Bin looked at his sister's lost appearance but did not say anything anymore.

She did not know how those people revered her, and even the emperor and the empress dowager liked her a lot so it is impossible for them to disagree!

Ling Bin becomes more depressed learning that his sister has unknowingly helped the pig to subdue her future in-laws!

That night Ling Wei did not sleep well, there was a faint expectation so even if she admitted it or not, the disappointment is hard to hide.

She sighed, maybe they were really not fated.

In the following days, Ling Wei was a little distracted, although she tried very hard to hide her inattentiveness but the people close to her still noticed that something was off.

They tried asking her but Ling Wei just made various excuses.

Ling Bin knows the reason but he still does not say anything, maybe out of selfishness but he wants Ling Wei to just give up on Long Yi Sheng and move on.

"Weiwei, how about we visit the farm in the other city? It has been a while since I last came to see it"

But Ling Wei pout

"Mother and grandmother said that I shouldn't run around anymore, but maybe you can come to accompany me to the mountain top, I want to paint"

Ling Bin agreed, and Cheng Waner prepared snacks for them, when Ling Han and Ling He heard that they would go out they kept aside the books and followed along.