Chapter 98

In the end, Long Yi Sheng still sleeps on their bed, at first, he behaves well but later on, he starts misbehaving

"wifey just once I promise"

When she woke up, she badly wanted to beat him up.

"your crowning ceremony is coming"

The empress dowager said

"that is why Empress Mother become extremely busy"

Ling Wei sounded sad.

The empress dowager smiled and gently pat her hand

"it is not your turn yet, let your mother empress do this, when it is your turn, you won't have any help either"

Ling Wei giggles, then I'll try my best, to achieve even just half of what you and Mother Empress achieved will be my greatest achievement! "

The empress dowager laughed heartedly, who don't want to hear a praise?

"I'm sure you will do a lot more"

But Ling Wei silently disagrees.

Compared to them, she is ignorant, she was born and raised in a small village and grew up a commoner.

But them? They were born into a noble family, and the education and training they have received are top-notch!

They were born and raised to stand out.

The empress dowager saw the denial in her face but she did not try to convince Ling Wei more.

The empress dowager wanted to see it herself, her brilliance that is obvious to everyone except herself.

"I thought that my training for how many months was already extreme, but I did not realize that compared to me, mother empress and the empress dowager had it rough"

Long Yi Sheng hugged her and sniffed her familiar and calming scent.

"my madam is already the best even without proper training"

He said while remembering the first time they met.

It was like she was born with graciousness.

She was far from the other villagers and commoners.

It was like being a princess had already seeped through her bones.

Her mannerisms although different but it was just like a proper and well-educated noble lady.

Her clothes are simple and crude compared to the clothing he used to see.

But it did not diminish her brilliance.

"don't lie to me! Do you think I should train more?"

Long Yi Sheng looked her eye to eye and seriously said

"my wife is amazing no matter what! And that is a fact, so stop doubting yourself okay? And just focus your time on me, the rest is irrelevant"

Ling Wei stares at his dark eyes and pout

"I am only amazing because I married you! I don't want to hold you back! You are great in whatever you do, unlike me even though I already did everything and yet still not enough"

Long Yi Sheng chuckles while pinching her small nose

"silly Weiwei! There is no way I am like that! Because you only saw the result but no one saw what I did to achieve my goals"
.
Then he kissed her tenderly

"the people only saw I married you but no one knows how I did that, they did not know that I already liked you since you were 9! Nobody sees how I persevere to crawl into your life and be part of it, so my wife trusts your husband's eyes"

Ling Wei smiled and then asked

"Are you praising me or yourself?"

"of course, I am praising myself to put my eyes on the one-of-a-kind one! Your one in a million you know? "

Ling Wei giggles and hugs him feeling better

"thank you, hubby! For having good eyes"

"it is natural so no need to mention it"

He said shamelessly that makes her laugh more.

Then Long Yi Sheng stares at her and becomes serious again

"Weiwei remember that I married you to make you happy, not to burden you and pressure you to those unnecessary things, you don't need to be like them because we are different"

Ling Wei nods in understanding.

He means that his mother and grandmother are not alone on their husband's side.

Unlike her, she will be alone because he won't marry another woman.

Long Yi Sheng kissed his sleeping wife and gently left the bed.

Although he has been given a vacation but he still keeps on working if his wife is busy or asleep.

He is so addicted to her presence that he cannot stay away from her if he knows that she is not busy.

He is very reluctant to part with her, and if he could, he would put her inside his sleeve and bring her wherever he goes or tie her up beside him so where he goes, there she goes.

After kissing her for the nth time he finally left sadly.

Ling Wei's maid and Long Yi Sheng's personal eunuchs are just silently shaking their heads seeing how obsessed the crown prince towards his wife.

When Ling Wei woke up from her afternoon nap, she asked about Long Yi Sheng instantly.

"the crown prince? "

"is my wife missing me already? "

Long Yi Sheng says before anyone could.

Ling Wei returned to her lying position and pursed her mouth.

"I thought that I would wake with you still beside me, did I sleep long? "

Long Yi Sheng kissed her cheeks before answering

"not long, I just read some scrolls at the study, what do you want to do later? "

"Maybe I will just read, are you done? "

He shook his head so she continues

"then while you are working I will accompany you, how about that"

Long Yi Sheng laughed while hugging her to his lap

"That would be wonderful! Thank you my darling for being considerate"

Ling Wei giggles while patting his head

"of course! You are such a good boy so you deserve a reward"

They both look at each other and then laugh.

The servants are already used to this scene.

Every time the husband and wife are together, they will show off their affection.

After playing around for a little while, both of them finally left the bed.

While Ling Wei is freshening up, Long Yi Sheng is ordering the servants to prepare some snacks.

"by the way baby, at your crowning ceremony, there will be envoys from different countries"

Ling Wei paused and glanced at him with confusion

"My ceremony is such a big thing? "

Long Yi Sheng nods his head

"of course my darling!"

He said and did not continue but Ling Wei got it.