Chapter 72

Xiong Tian came home days before his wife's delivery.

They won another small country, but the cleanup was left to his subordinates.

Lu Nini cried seeing his husband return safely.

Xiong Tian lightly laughed and then teased her while wiping her tears

"already a mother and still acting like a baby"

Lu Nin then playfully smacked his chest

"I am mother-in-law's baby"

Xiong Tian laughs, she really becomes his mother's baby.

Xiong Tian did not leave Lu Nini's side even for a moment.

Although the best experienced Mama has been hired to aid Lu Nini's birthgiving, Xiong Tian is still undoubtedly nervous.

Two weeks after Xiong Tian's return Lu Nini has given birth.

They birthed a big fat boy that Ling Wei almost screamed in excitement right after she saw the little cutie

"Now we have a little cutie in our family, I don't need to keep pestering Madam Fu"

She said while staring hotly at the baby, they all laughed because when Ling Wei first saw the grandson of General Fu, she kept on visiting him like almost every other day.

It is the second time Xiong Tian felt happy, the first time he married his wife and the second is when he held his son

"thank you, wife, you've worked hard"

He said after kissing tenderly the dead-tired Lu Nini.

Lu Nini smiles happily, the delivery is painful and tiring but, seeing her husband and baby, she feels that it is worth it.

Because the baby is very obedient while inside Lu Nini's tummy, Xiong Tian named him Xiong Jun

But Xiong Tian cannot stay longer, he can only stay for 1 month so on Xiong Jun's 100th day his father will be absent.

Lu Nini understands, so even though she was a little at loss, she accepted it because she married a soldier.

And the soldiers are the protectors of the country, she already knew that so she cannot be selfishly keep him by her side at all times.

But her sadness lessened, looking at her son who looked like his father, she smiled, as long as her son was with her the days without her husband wouldn't be that long.

When Xiong Jun's 100th day comes, Xiong's house becomes bustling.

"my baby is the cutest! aww, why are you so cute? Auntie can't have enough you know?"

Ling Wei said while pouring kisses all over Xiong Jun's face.

Her family laughed at her but  one of the visitors saw how she liked the baby so she teased her

"When are you going to get married? So you can one or two of your own"

Her family and her friends were silent instantly.

Ling Wei just smiled and answered

"nope, I am still a baby myself, and I won't worry about carrying a baby in the future, when the time comes I will just snatch one of my brothers or my friends' children, just like I am doing to my little shaobing"

And hug the baby while kissing him again.

The crowd was silent for a while then laughed again, others looked at Fu Si and Ping Mu with teasing smiles while the two of them blushed hard.

They know Ling Wei is just talking nonsense because the three of them are the same age, but it is still shameful to talk about having a baby you know?

Before the year ended the news of war with Bei country spread out.

The Bei country was the largest country near them.

Bei country has been provoking them into war since a long time ago.

When they did not succeed 6 years ago, they stepped back and tried strengthening their power.

Ling Wei and her family got scared by the news because this country was the cause of the death of her father and grandfather.

Now again there will be war, they can't help feeling scared for Ling Bin.

Ling Bin wrote them a letter before the war started, assuring them that he would be fine and swear to return home alive and victorious.

Ling Wei asks her brothers to take a break from the academy and stay with them so her mother and grandmother's worry will be lessened which they agreed on the spot.

Ling Wei tried not to show her anxiety and just did her normal day-to-day routine.

They celebrated the new year, although a little bleak but they still tried to welcome the new year with happy smiles.

Because Ling Wei is in a tense mood she does not notice anything amiss surrounding her, she is only informed by Fu Si

"do you think that there is something wrong with Mumu?"

Ling Wei paused and thought for a while

"is there?"

She really did not know, Fu Si sighed and then took a sip from her tea

"she is always out these days, she is neglecting her duties and she is always sighing heavily and most of the time she is always listless"

Ling Wei was alarmed

"Does she have an unspeakable problem?"

"I don't know, I keep on asking her but she never said anything, Even Aunt and Uncle Ping are worried"

Ling Wei knit her eyebrows, regretting that she was not attentive enough to her friends.

"do you think we should spy on her? But she might get mad at us"

Ling Wei said starting to worry.

Fu Si nod

"my mind is identical to yours"

Ling Wei and Fu Si sighed

"I think I should talk to her first"

Fu Si nodded in agreement, this was her last resort.

The next day, Ling Wei visited Ping Mu luckily she was there.

"Mumu is there something troubling you?"

Ling Wei asked directly Ping Mu was visibly shaken, after a while she smiled and then shook her head

Ling Wei stared at her then sighed

"I will believe you because I trust you, you are a strong girl so I know you can overcome anything but Mumu don't forget that we are here, whatever happens, we are here, and don't hurt yourself, because nothing is worth your pain, treasure yourself because we treasure you because that is what you are"

Ping Mu bit her lip then finally cried.