Chapter 7: Catching Fish

The whole afternoon Ling Wei just molds the clay jars.

she molds different sizes and adds some designs.

And not only auspicious, but she also draw nature, she bit her lips and decided to put some colors in them but not for now.

making clay pot paint needs a lot of preparation and time.

especially, since she needs to make everything from scratch.

after 3 days Ling Han and Ling Wei visited the market again.

when they descended, the rich madam's carriage are already there waiting.

Ling Han saw the maid and then hand her over the 10 jars they ordered.

the maids wanted to give them extra payment but Ling Han decline it.

there are 6 more jars, when they came to the place they sell before, there is already a group of people waiting.

"you are finally here! we have been waiting here since two days ago!"

one of the women said

"We are busy these days so we didn't sell any"

"then quickly sell us your honey!"

Ling Han look around and explain

"There are only six jars left"

the group of people looks around, there is a total of 8 of them and they all want to buy

"why not do the first come first serve? I mean whoever comes first today will buy first"

the group of people looks around and then starts fighting about who comes first

"then we won't sell any today"

Ling Han finally said so the group start behaving

"she is the one who comes earliest! I saw her when I open my shop"

the girl who didn't even fight for first place was unexpectedly the first one!

Ling Han didn't doubt the shop owner and decided to sell one of the jars to her

"who comes next?"

he ask the first one, then she pointed to the old man

"I can only sell one per person"

Ling Han make it clear to everyone, the old man didn't say anything and just smilingly took the jar

"Young man this is exquisite"

the old man said admiringly while studying the jar

"master you can also do it, it's just a small effort"

Ling Bin said, Ling Wei already inform him earlier that if someone want to copy her work, she won't mind.

anyway, he is confident in her sister's work.

even if they want to copy her, they can't purely make them as beautiful as his sister.

"Hoho! Even if I do I can't make this beautiful you know?"

the old man with discerning eyes will surely know what will be the outcome

"It's fine! just try, after molding the jar, then draw on it before cooking them"

the old man laughs while listening, this child is confident about their jars!

the other who wants to buy as well listen openly

"is it true?"

one of the men ask

"yes! You can try when you got home"

the others smile secretly at the child's ignorance.

but Ling Bin just glance at them with disdain

the old man laugh again

"I guess it's not bad to try but it would be a waste of effort"

he said before leaving, the others just snort at him and decided not to buy anymore.

if they can make one, why still need to buy one?

Ling Bin is not leased worry at all, after selling everything they didn't stay any longer and started walking back home

"that old master is one of the teachers in the academy"

Ling Wei's eyes widen

"one of your teachers?"

Ling Bin shook his head

"He has a higher position, I am not sure but I saw him several times in the academy, and the teachers seem to be extra polite towards him"

Ling Wei was stunned

"then why you didn't just give him the honey?why still let him pay!?"

Ling Bin looks at her weirdly and sigh

"he will think that we are sucking up on him, we don't need that!"

Ling Wei giggles, her brother is prideful.

"Academy chief! That is beautiful!"

one of the academy teachers exclaimed when he saw the jar in the arms of their academy chief.

"right? Right? this is a rare masterpiece!"

the teachers saw it is not they are sucking up, it was the first time they saw a clay jar with drawing on it!

"I bought it in a small market in a nearby village! the boy even told me how to make it but, I know that it won't be easy! I am looking forward to another surprise they will bring"

the teachers were dumbfounded, never in their mind that, that exquisite crafting will be made in a small village!

Ling Wei didn't know that her work will be that famous even to the academy chief will be noticed.

that is just crude art of hers!

for her, it is still boring, after all, it's no color at all!

so she didn't know that her improved work will be renowned all over the capital in the future.

as for her who arrived at their house was pulled to the river to fish.

Ling Wei looks at her brothers trying to catch the fish with their bare hands.

"so we will catch a fish like this?"

she asked askance

"if not then what? all the villagers catch them like this!"

Ling Han said still busy trying to catch one.

Ling Wei shook her head and then sigh defeatedly.

that is why fish cant be sold in the market. not because it's easy to catch but is the opposite!

Ling Wei run to their house and took the remaining coarse cloth she bought the last time, then cut a huge piece then run back to the river.

she hands it over to Ling Bin

"use this to catch the fish"

Ling Bin was confused at first then suddenly enlightened.

he gave the other side to Ling Han

"use this to trap and catch the fishes"

Ling Han didn't understand but still follow.

because the river is shallow, reaching only a child's hips, and only two meters wide so they easily trap a lot of fish.

Ling Wei happily looks at the fish while Ling He is putting them inside the basket.