Chapter 37

"Weiwei, your brother has been training for 3 years now, when will he go home?"

Ding Cui asked always worried about her eldest grandson

"Grandma, Master Shu said that before the end of this year maybe the training will end, and before they will become official soldiers they will be given a vacation"

"but is only 3rd month!"

"Mother we already waited for 3 years, few more months is nothing"

Cheng Waner said calming her mother in law

"Okay, I know I know! I am such a worrywart"

Ling Wei giggle

"that is because the grandmother is such a caring person! Don't worry Grandma, he will surely come home and it's such a good time because Ling Han and Ling He will have a vacation from the academy too! We will have a grand reunion when that time comes!"

She said excitedly which makes her mother and grandmother laugh excitedly.

They are looking forward to that day to come!

But there is always an accident.

"Master Shu! My brother hasn't sent any letter for 3 months now! My mother and grandmother are really worried!"

Shu Qi looks more haggard which makes Ling Wei stunned.

She only didn't see him for 3 months! He seems he aged a lot!

"Master, what is wrong?"

She asks tentatively

"They are just a bit busy, the training become more intense, don't worry"

He said trying to sound normal but Ling Wei still see through him

"m-master please be honest, nothing happens to my brother right?"

"you brat! Are you cursing your brother!? Everything is fine okay? Tell your elders not to worry!"

Ling Wei squint her eyes but when she saw that the master is really busy so she left and decided to pester him for some other day.

Shu Qi sigh heavily when Ling Wei left.

For some reason, no one can go out and go to the training place.

Their food has been invariably robbed, there is always a group who is ready to ambush them anytime, and even if they changed their route the enemy can still ambush them.

There are really traitors amongst them but, the higher-ups can't do anything worrying about scaring the snake.

Shu Qi sighs again, he can't do anything, he can only do now is to wait, but he can't help but to worry about his student's well-being.

"your majesty, what can we do? it seems like those enemies wanted to trap them there"

One of the ministers said worriedly, those trainers are still young and they invest a lot in them knowing that those children will become the kingdom's backbone.

"General Zhou, what do you think? "

The emperor ask

"All we need is to send a map and a message to the most trusted person that is also trapped and we should be more cautious, if the letter is found out, the enemy will be more vigilant, so it will be harder to come in"

"We have to know what is their real situation, wrong judgment can lead to their doom"

The emperor adds understanding the general.

The whole hall felt heavy, each of them looked around hoping that any of them have an idea.

The emperor sighed and dismiss his vassals and lead the general away to think of a way.

"Mother the 5th prince is wise and steady, he will be fine"

Madam Zhou said calming the empress dowager.

"come with iajia to the temple, iajia can only beg Budha to keep 5th safe"

Ling Wei felt something wrong, although she is not sure but she can feel that her brother is also in danger.

"master I already heard about what is happening! Is my brother fine?! What about the others?"

Shu Qi massages his temple, he already knows that Ling Wei will sooner catch some wind about the training ground so he already prepares his explanation

"nobody yet knows what is happening, all we know is that they are trapped, their food was ambushed twice, so the emperor decided to stop sending them food for now"

Ling Wei shook

"When was the last time they received their basic needs?"

"It's been 5 months now"

Ling Wei felt weak

"if this goes on they will die of hunger and dehydration!"

"Don't worry! They are on a mountain! They will surely manage but, this won't last"

Ling Wei bit her lips,

"then master any solution?"

Shu Qi sighs heavily

"the emperor dispatched a lot of soldiers, almost half of them received minor and major injuries, although few died but, that was still a huge lost"

Ling Wei knit her eyebrows

"Did they find the enemy?"

Shu Qi shook his head

"they said that they found nothing, even shadow, there is none, seems like they are fighting a none existence enemy"

Ling Wei got scared

"Master, do you mean they are some supernatural involved? Who can fight against that?"

Shu Qi sigh

"the soldiers are pretty sure that it was not the case, the enemy planted a lot of traps, they even search for the enemy hideout but they found nothing"

Ling Wei is finally a little relieved, who can blame her? She herself experienced some supernatural thing called transmigration.

"master I know I shouldn't know anything but please tell me, what will the emperor's plan be?"

Shu Qi looks around then start whispering, he doesn't know why he is telling this important information to an 11 years old child and a girl at that but, there is a nagging feeling inside him screaming that he should share this with her.

Ling Wei listens intently and seriously.

"Master, are you serious?"

Shu Qi nod

"do you think I would joke around about important matter? We are talking about lives"

"master calm down! I was just asking because if that is the real plan then I maybe have a solution"

Shu Qi froze with widened eyes

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

he asks aloud while shaking her

"Master, please! Don't shake my minuscule brain!"

Shu Qi finally calmed down after a while.

Ling Wei closes her eyes trying to stop her dizziness.