Chapter 33

The group was captured thanks to Ling Wei and her family.

The officials learned that this group has been running wild since 10 years ago!

They even unfold all of the crimes this group made, the victims they killed and looted, and the families they cheated.

They can cheat thanks to one of the members that can make human skin masks.

Just like what Shu Xie did, they copy Ling Cong's face to steal and kill Ling Wei and her family.

Ling Wei got scared after hearing this, even though she already has doubts.

"master official, what about my dad? Did they steal my dad's face?"

Ling Wei and her family turned pale

"They are not actually using real human skin, I am not sure how they do it but, I am sure that they are not real human skin"

They are finally relieved after hearing this.

"thanks to your help we managed to capture this group of criminals! These evildoers, if not captured yet, will certainly do more evil things! The Ling family saved a lot of lives"

The Ling family shook their heads

"master, we did nothing! It is still thanks to the officials that they are caught! We are happy that they are now arrested, giving false hope is truly painful!"

The official look at Cheng Waner with pity, when the fake man came, they celebrated, and become genuinely happy but in the end, it was all fake.

The official was thankful to the Ling family, he wants to reward them but Ling Wei refused.

So the official just count it as a favor and swear to help them when needed.

The Ling family is gloomy and depressed for 3 days.

Ling Wei thought that everything is solved so she is finally relieved.

After 3 days, Ding Cui suggest returning to the small village,

Cheng Waner agreed so Ling Wei nodded, she understand them, what happened reopened the wounds from the death of her father and grandfather.

Maybe recovering from this will need a lot of time but, it's okay, they need to get stronger to face stronger adversaries.

2 days after, they left the capital, returning to the small village they are familiar with.

Ling Wei's tension grew bigger each day, because of fake Ling Cong, she forgot about Ling Bin's matter.

Once the Ling family left the capital, huge news broke out!

Noble consort Gu Ai Jing is demoted!

She has been demoted a rank, from Noble consort to consort.

The nobles and commoners talked about this openly to the public,

It was simply shocking! Years ago, the emperor fought for noble concubine Gu to become his consort, the empress dowager refused this idea but in the end, the emperor won.

Now being demoted and returning from where she started, perhaps what she did is too evil!

"your majesty, please don't do this! I recognized my mistakes! I won't dare anymore!"

The emperor just look at the kneeling woman

"I can't believe I fought my mother for a heartless woman like you! What did the Ling family do to you so you want them dead?"

Concubine Gu cried harder

"your Majesty I am begging you! Please investigate more! It was not me! Someone just wants to harm me"

The emperor look more disappointed,

"Someone come! Take concubine Gu at the cold palace! She is not allowed to go out unless I say"

Gu Ai Jing shook hearing the cold palace, she wanted to beg more but someone is already dragging her.

She didn't know how the emperor found out that it was she who designed the scheme for the doom of the Ling family.

Her plan is perfect so how?

She didn't know that the Ling family has a lot of people guarding them, especially in the capital.

There is nothing that can escape the emperor's eyes.

When the empress dowager heard the news, her whole face turned blue.

She didn't meet the Ling family but this family has a lot of contributions to the country and her favorite incense burner is made by Ling Wei so she has a favorable impression of them!

"how villainous! What did the Ling family to provoke such an evil thing!"

"Mother calm yourself! The emperor already punished her! No need to anger yourself"

Long Li Na said, worrying about her mother.

The empress dowager waves her hand

"aija is fine! It's good that the Ling family is well protected by his majesty, I still can't understand why that evil star wanted to kill the innocent and  kind-hearted people"

"Mother let us not worry about it anymore! It is good that they decided to return to their province, they are not yet ready in the capital"

The empress dowager agreed the capital is full of greedy and insidious people, the people like them can be easily influenced.

"How is it?"

Long Yi Sheng asked the kneeling guard

"master, everything proceeds according to your plan"

Long Yi Sheng narrows his eyes, he laughs mockingly

"let her behave for now! She will be useful again, I will need her to win over a beauty"

The shadow guard bowed then disappear after some arrangements.

After the guard left, the sinister smile was replaced by the carefree smile he always wore inside the camp.

He saw Ling Bin coming towards him erase his smile and ask him seriously

"Brother Bin, is Weiwei dissatisfied with me?"

Ling Bin didn't understand so Long Yi Shen continues

"I also want shoes! Same like yourself"

Ling Bin's mouth twitched, do these people think that her sister is a public official? Whatever he has, her sister has to give to everyone as well?

"Brother Zhang, that is not good, right? After all, my sister is a girl, and it won't look good if she gives you shoes"

"There is nothing wrong with it! Who would dare to question?"

Ling Bin sighs defeatedly, his roommate's shamelessness is making him speechless.

"then let me ask her"

He said defeatedly, he also wanted to write a letter, the new semester is about to start, and he is worried about her mother and grandmother's reaction.