Chapter 62

After the meal, the soldiers resume their duty including the captains and lieutenants, even the general.

They will try to locate every enemy hideout so they can wipe them away.

And was not disappointed, in the middle of the night.

The same as the other night, the spy moved.

After locating all of the hidden places, the general gives them a signal to eradicate the enemy.

The enemy's leader was captured alive for interrogation, they managed to pluck out some important information from his mouth.

Then he was ordered to be killed and then planned their next move to reclaim the land the enemy previously invaded.

The envoys are clueless about what happened.

Ling Wei travels to the next city.

As usual, she walked around and checked what can she do to help them.

After half a day of contemplating and brainstorming, Ling Wei did not succeed.

After her return, she was a little bit absent-minded and Lu Nini noticed it so she asked

"Weiwei, what is wrong? You seemed so worried"

Ling Wei smiled and shook her head while making some random excuse

"I am just thinking about what to give you as your dowry"

Lu Nini blushed hard

"Weiwei, what are you talking about? There is still a long way before coming to that point"

Ling Wei giggle

"My Nini is grown up! Already half-wife"

Lu Nini chuckle

"What half wife? You are being crazy again"

"Half-wife means half-married woman, haha you are already half-married to Captain Xiong right?"

Lu Nini blushed again and playfully pinched Ling Wei then they started playing around.

Ling Wei sighed feeling relief because she managed to erase Lu Nini's worry.

Ling Bin sent someone to inform Ling Wei that they could not join them for dinner.

Ling Wei and Lu Nini already heard about the incident last night so they nodded.

When the day broke the next day, the soldiers rode their horses and rode towards the enemy.

The information they received played a big part in the plan the emperor made.

Ling Wei hoped that no innocent people would be hurt, and the soldiers would return victorious and unharmed.

The envoys are not allowed to go out of the camp while the battle is still raging on.

So Ling Wei stayed inside her igloo a little down.

At some point, she would go out and skate around just to clear her mind until the battle ended, The soldiers won the battle and reclaimed the invaded territory, but Ling Wei still did not manage to think of a way.

There are only a few casualties, no death but a lot of them received some major and minor injury.

Ling Wei and Lu Nini wanted to help but the idea was rejected.

Medicating and bandaging the injured soldiers are easy, they learned to administer first aid.

Letting unmarried and young girls look and touch the men's bare bodies is definitely a no!

Ling Wei and Lu Nini shrug their shoulders and just another way to help.

Ling Wei was curious about the place the enemy reclaimed first so after cleaning up Ling Wei traveled to visit the place.

Because she travels late so she arrived late.

It was already dark when she arrived so she could only rest for now.

Ling Wei can not sleep, she has been there for 5 days now and there is still no improvement.

She dressed up and decided to walk around, hoping to find inspiration.

With Xioa Ning and Xiao Yue towing she walked around and found a place to sit for a while.

"It is already this late, little girl why are still running around? How can you grow up like this?"

Ling Wei was startled for a moment but after recognizing Long Yi Sheng's voice she did not look back and kept staring at the beautiful night sky.

"Little girl, why are you so restless these past days? What's troubling you?"

Ling Wei sigh and pout

"I cannot seem to be a help at all"

Long Yi Sheng raises his eyebrows

"What does it mean?"

Ling Wei put her chin on her hand then whisper

"I have been here for how many days now, and there is no idea coming on how to help the locals improve their lives, I felt that I am useless"

Long Yi Sheng chuckled, he did not know that this little girl would be in trouble about this thing.

"You have already given them away"

Ling Wei looked at him in disbelief, Long Yi Sheng smiled gently then touched her head

"You open a channel for them using the boat, there is an igloo that can be used as a dwelling, you have a carriage that can travel in this place faster, and you have ice skating little girl you already contributed a lot"

Ling Wei stares at him and asks while sniffing

"Does that mean that I am not useless"

Long Yi Sheng helps her wipe her tears with heartache.

It was his father's fault! He pressured his little girl so now she is stressing herself.

"If you are useless then there will be no one can call themselves useful, Weiwei no more crying okay? You are making me in pain"

Ling Wei finally giggled, She smiled at him, and from the bottom of her heart she thanked him

"Thank you, Your Highness, for making me feel better"

Long Yi Sheng squinted his eyes in danger and asked in a frightening calm tone

"What did you just call me?"

Ling Wei felt the danger so she smiled fawningly and changed her address

"Big brother Yi Sheng"

"Good girl"

Long Yi Sheng finally smiled again but Ling Wei felt the predatory glance, so she moved away a bit feeling the danger from Long Yi Sheng.

Long Yi Sheng chuckled at her cowardly appearance, he smiled more evilly and leaned down at her.

Ling Wei leaned back but Long Yi Sheng held her to prevent her from moving away from him and whisper

"Weiwei grow up quickly"

Ling Wei shiver from the darkness of Long Yi Sheng's eyes and move away as fast as she can, afraid of being sucked by that darkness

"I am still enjoying my life as a baby, What's the rush?"

Long Yi Sheng chuckled helplessly, he let go of her despite his reluctance

"Go back to sleep, rest your mind, when your mind is cleared you will see more"

Ling Wei nodded and left immediately.

Long Yi Sheng watched the running rabbit and shook his head.

He almost sinned tonight, Ling Wei is only 14, 3 more years, only 3 years.