Chapter 10: Ling Bin'S Decision

The siblings gathered firewoods for 3 days.

the truth is, 2 days' worth is enough but Ling Wei asks to gather more.

she needs it for ink and paper making.

after 1 week, Ling Wei thought that the animal hide is ready so she start making the hide glue while burning the animal bone.

Ling Bin cannot help but marvel again at his sister's work.

the ink they are using is just coal and water.

but when he tried his sister's ink, he is speechless.

he didn't know that the ink can be improved to this extent!

"writing with this ink is more convenient! you won't need to grind and mix! this is already made! the consistency is perfect and it's much darker!"

Ling Bin look at the ink in a small jar Ling Wei made, and she called it the ink jar.

"I made a lot! when you return to the academy, give your teachers some"

Ling Bin pause and then look at his sister with a nervous but determined appearance

"I won't go back to the academy"

Ling Wei pauses and then looks at him with widened eyes, she looks around and relief seeing no one.

she pulls her brother and brings him a little far from their house and starts asking

"Why? Are you still worried about us? Do you see? I have a lot of abilities! I can make and sell a lot of things so no need to do this"

Ling Bin shook his head

"I am not worried about finances anymore! I want to join the army"

Ling Wei cover her mouth in shock, her eyes widen then point at her brother shakily

"L-ling Bin! Are you out of your mind?!do you want to kill mother and grandmother?! Have you forgotten what happened to father and grandfather!?don't you care about us anymore!?"

Ling Bin wipes Ling Wei's tears, but she doesn't care.

"Weiwei calm down! I care about our family very much that is why I decided to join the military"

"you care? that is how you are showing your care? by throwing your life!? that is simply crazy!"

Ling Bin look at his sister's tearstain eyes then explain slowly

"I want to end this war"

"BULLSHIT! you are not some immortal deity to have the power to end this war! As long as there is greed and selfishness there is no end to wars! and it is impossible to end wars because greed and selfishness are human nature!"

Ling Bin was startled by his sister's outburst but he still explains

"I know! but as long as there is peace even for 1 year, I will be satisfied! there are a lot of lives thrown because of the wars but as long as I can help to reduce the lost lives it's enough!"

Ling Wei look at her brother with helplessness

"you are stupid!is someone will appreciate your effort? except us, no one will grieve if some unknown thing happens to you!"

Ling Bin laugh and ruffle her hair

"I don't care about them! I only care about my family!so your concern is enough"

Ling Wei sigh defeatedly then finally assented but with the condition of the course

"you will only join after this year! for now, stay in the academy and learn a lot of things!"

Ling Bin wants to object but Ling Wei continues

"the war is not yet ended! The soldiers won but there are still leftover war residues! you stay at the academy first! when everything is cleared out you can join! the enemy is defeated now but we don't know when they will return, but for sure they will hide and rebrew a storm! while they are on the retreat, you will train! train hard! Get stronger! stronger than anyone else! unlike grandpa and father who only knows how to hunt animals, you will be a well-trained soldier and you will bring honor to our Ling Family"

Ling Bin think then finally agreed, but his problem is not yet solved

"what about Mother and Grandma?"

Ling Wei pat his shoulder

"Don't worry! they will only think that you are in the academy studying! then when they realized it was already late! after a year or two, you will come back with a medal and recognition then even if they beat you up it won't be that painful anymore"

Ling Bin laughs at his sister's confident appearance and finally calms down.

he is right about telling it first to her.

that night, Ling Bin finally managed to sleep peacefully.

he doesn't know why but, he felt reassured after confiding with his sister.

on the following days, Ling Bin's spirit is high, which makes Cheng Waner and Ding Cui worry reduced.

they already noticed how down Ling Bin is these past few days but they didn't ask.

they only thought that maybe he was still affected by the loss of his father and grandfather but who is not?

but seeing him now, they thought that he just gather his thought.

the truth is, even Cheng Waner and Ding Cui are still affected by the loss of their husbands but they didn't want to show it to the children

they need to be strong for the children!

they cannot give up and fall, because 4 children need them.

Ling Wei becomes addicted to looking at the scenery from high above.

she loves climbing trees and looking at everything while inhaling the refreshing air.

another week passed before Ling Wei and Ling Bin decided to sell honey again.

when they arrived at the market, Ling Wei giggled at the sight and then whisper to Ling Han

"Brother, maybe we won't have any business in honey anymore! look! a lot of artistic jars came out!"

Ling Bin just glances at them indifferently and then ignores their provocations and sneers at them.

Ling Bin unhurriedly takes out their jars.

the others who copied thought that they did a great job but, if there is no comparison, no harm but when the passerby looks at their jars, there is a huge difference!

one of the ladies who just brought knit her eyebrows and changed her mind

"This is purely a scam! I don't want this anymore! give me back my money!"

the seller didn't expect this outcome, he thought they did a great job but unexpectedly it was not the case!

"you already bought it! why would I take it back? hurry up and leave! you are disturbing my business!"