Chapter 100

Whether Ling Wei wanted or not, she cannot help comparing herself to Empress Heng Kexin.

She is already drawn to Long Yi Sheng's side, grew up pampered and spoiled, Ling Wei never experienced heartbreak.

She told Long Yi Sheng that if she was Empress Heng Kexin, she would leave and be free but, it was a lie.

She will leave, that is the truth but cannot be free anymore, she will be forever bound and shackled to Long Yi Sheng so being free is impossible.

This fact, she will never admit to Long Yi Sheng, she would not burden him, and if he ever finds someone else, she will let him go and free him.

This is her moral, her bottom line if she can't keep her man beside her then let him free.

From her past life to this life and maybe, to her future life, if there is one, she is the same and will be the same.

She won't be a mistress and she won't accept a mistress between her and her husband.

Every day Ling Wei is always making sure to visit the empress even though she is busy.

The good thing is the empress never turns her away.

"Mother Empress, I am glad that you are here"

Ling Wei exclaims after learning some new things.

"While I am still here, I will try to teach you everything"

Ling Wei paused and so the empress

"m-mother what do you mean?"

Heng Kexin sighed while putting down the teacup and whisper

"I guess I don't need to hide anything anymore because sooner or later it will be known to everyone"

Ling Wei stares at the empress never missing any expression.

"Once the emperor becomes the supreme emperor I will ask him to send me to the temple"

Ling Wei's eyes widened, she was about to ask again when a sudden exclamation came from behind.

Emperor Long Chuan obviously heard what the empress said but he still asked again.

It was the first time she saw a different reaction Long Chuan had.

Panicked and rage.

Ling Wei left the room and walked away.

When she returns to their palace she does not even notice Long Yi Sheng and sits directly and looks at nowhere.

"madam, why your mind is always flying?"

He finally asked knowing that she won't notice him.

Ling Wei's mind finally came back

"Welcome back my dear"

He teased seeing her finally see him

"ooh! You are here! Have you been here the whole time?"

Long Yi Sheng just shook his head feeling helpless.

"tell me what is it again this time?"

Ling Wei sighs heavily and repeats what the empress tells her.

"Mother empress said that?"

Long Yi Sheng asked incredulously, Ling Wei nodded and asked

"what does she mean by that? I did not manage to ask her because the emperor came and seeing him act like that I became more confused"

"she wanted to stay in a temple not temporarily but forever, although I am not sure if the temple will still going to accept her to shave her hair but, that is what she wants"

Ling Wei's eyes widen

"but it seems that it won't be happening, based on what you are saying, Father emperor seems to hold Mother empress dearly in his heart, Weiwei don't worry, Father will fix this"

Ling Wei finally nodded and asked him if he wanted a snack, while busying herself she did not see that her husband was contemplating seriously.

It seems that there will be a huge change in plans.

That night, while the crown prince and crown princess are having a 'harmonious' night in bed, the empress and the emperor are in a stalemate.

"Kexin what must I do for you to change your mind?"

Long Chuan asked almost begging but the empress remained cold

"When His Majesty becomes the supreme emperor, this concubine's job is finished"

Long Chuan sighed

"When you will understand the reason why I married you? Are you still blaming? Kexin it has been more than 20 years!"

Heng Kexin looked down and remained silent

"I won't allow it! You will remain by my side, even after death"

Long Chuan announced selfishly.

Heng Kexin finally looked at him

"Your Majesty, you have been torturing me for more than half of my life! Is that not enough?"

Long Chuan smiles bitterly

"all these years, in your mind, our relationship is torture?"

"then is it punishment?"

She asked back then she adds

"it was painful, everything was excruciating!"

Long Chuan saw the tiredness in her eyes so decided

"Okay, I will draft the decree and make Long Yu Sheng the emperor, Weiwei's crowning ceremony is perfect timing, after that we will leave okay? We will go wherever you want to go"

Heng Kexin was startled but shook her head after

"don't you understand my pain?"

"I know! I understand that is why we are doing this, Kexin you are only more than 40, I heard that children are still possible at this age"

Heng Kexin's eyes widened and asked shakily

"w-what d-do you mean?"

"You started hating me because of the medicine, I also hated myself when I learned about it, but Kexin please listen"

Heng Kexin's nod so Long Chuan continues

"what you take is not the real concoction, it was harmless poison and the effect is the same, you won't bear a child, b-but once you take the antidote everything will go back to normal! Kexin if you want we can still birth a child"

Heng Kexin's tears rolled.

She loved Long Chuan so much that she wished to give him children and a happy family.

She was so in love with him that she became the happiest when they got married but, it all crumbled down because of a decree.

She doesn't want the title, she wants him! What is the use of the name empress if she can't give him what he needs?

"y-you are saying the truth?"

Long Chuan came closer and wiped her tears

"yes, I am sorry okay? I did not mean to hide it from you, I want to tell you how many times but you keep on pushing me away, I don't blame you! It was my fault and I am willing to shoulder everything but you cannot leave me"