Chapter 25

The shop sells well, and it's good that they are well prepared so even though almost half of their stack was sold, they are not worried.

the first day is very busy so they doubt if it will be the same on the second day.

2nd day as expected, it's not as busy as the first day so, on the third day, they decide to restock their product.

then an unexpected visitor come.

the Ling family saw a familiar face, they look at him with questioning looks so the servant introduce his master

"patriarch and madam Ling, please meet my master, madam Zhou, wife of Marquis Zhou"

the Ling family respectfully greet the madam then lead her to the sitting room

"madam, how can we help ?"

madam Zhou gracefully try the tea that was served to her then smile contently

"there is nothing much, i just want to check your shop with my own eyes, after all my servant talks highly of you! i admit that i really liked the jars but when i tried the tea, i become a fan! then now looking at your shop, my servant really didn't exaggerate! you know him right?"

Cheng Waner and Ding Cui glance at the servant and nod,

"yes madam we know Hu Gan and we are glad that our shop is to your liking"

"the truth is i came to ask a favor of your little girl"

Cheng Waner and Ding Cui look at each other then ask

"madam our Ling Wei is still childish and reckless most of the time, we are afraid that"

"mother don't worry!"

Ling Wei said while pulling her mother's clothes, she is not afraid of offending madam Zhou, she just sense that she is not unreasonable madam

"madam please tell me! i will try my best"

madam Zhou smiled secretly, this family is not greedy at all! or its because they are from a small village? the people from a small village are very hospitable.

"no worry! my favor is not free"

"no!no!no! madam, if we can be of help, just tell us"

"then my mother's birthday is coming, please help me make something for her, there will be a lot of expensive and unique gifts and as her daughter, i need to show my filial piety"

Ling Wei nod in understanding

"so madam, what gift do you want?"

madam Zhou sighs heavily

"that is the problem! i don't know! you have a lot of fresh ideas! please help me"

Ling Wei scratch her nose then ask for a paper and charcoal pencil.

then start asking

"madam, when is the birthday? what does your mother likes?dislikes?how old is she? any allergy?taboo?"

madam Zhou paused for a while

"my mother dislikes scheming people! she also hates dishonest the most! and men who forget the main wife because of concubines! those weak women you cannot keep their husbands!"

"madam, sorry to interrupt! but what i need to know is material likes and dislikes"

madam Zhou look up and saw Ling Wei's awkward face, her face is screaming 'i am not interested in her interpersonal life!'

she coughs unnatural then apologize and continues.

Ling Wei wrote the details in her paper, the birthday is after 2 months, her age is 47, not much have taboo and no allergies, and likes a lot of things.

Ling Wei scratch her head, that is why even her very own daughter is having a hard time choosing what to give!

"what about you madam?any idea what to give?"

madam Zhou sadly shook her head

"i almost gave everything to her birthday! every year i have to give her different gifts, i rack my brain since 4 months ago, and yet"

she sigh and didn't finish her words, but the rest understand.

"madam, do you trust me?"

madam Zhou look at the little girl and subconsciously nod, she didn't know why but seeing her determined eyes, she knows she can help her.

"then madam Zhou, after 1 week please come back and i will give you choices on what to give!"

"no need to go to that extent! just make whatever you deem appropriate! i won't blame you nor will regret"

Ling Wei becomes more pressured and nervous.

but before they left madam Zhou solemnly said

"there is a concubine who wants to make a move on you so be careful okay?"

Ling Wei is confused, why? is it their first time in the capital?

Hu Gan saw her confusion so he remind him

"the servant who was kicked backed here was that person's servant"

Ling Wei purse her lips and finally understand.

if your dog is like that then the master will be worst!

there is nothing to be afraid of! she would rather die than be stepped on by those people but, she will die fighting!

she thanks them sincerely then assures her family

"as long as we don't let them scheme us, they can! we are still protected so there is nothing to be afraid of!"

the two older women remember the candle and the golden decree so they are finally relieved.

although busy but their vigilance never reduced.

after a week Ling Wei finally thought of gifts, so when Han Gu came to buy, she ask him to tell madam Zhou but he just dismisses her saying that madam Zhou just let her do whatever.

Ling Wei puffed her cheeks, fine!but don't blame her!

in the end, she decided to make a backflow incense burner.

she is confident about making one, she practiced a long time to make it! she gifted it to his grandfather that make him brag about it for half a year.

she transmigrated into this world for more than a year now! she accepted her new life but, she can't help but to miss her family in her previous life.

she doesn't know if having still the memory from a past life is a blessing or not but, she doesn't have a choice but to accept this fate right?