Chpater 78

The army who was passing by was startled when a young woman suddenly jumped down from a tree.

She was wearing a simple dress and her face was fully covered by a huge hat net.

Ling Wei was surprised either, after Ling Bin and Ling Han jumped as well Ling Wei coughed unnaturally

"gentlemen, you look strong but please be careful from the bee stings, so I suggest to run!"

Then the trio ran away with all their might.

The soldiers looked at each other and then heard the buzz coming from the same tree.

The soldiers were dumbfounded after recovering they also urged their horses to run.

The Ling siblings saw more soldiers riding their horses slowly.

The trio did not stop and just kept on running, the men heard the urgent step so they looked back and were surprised to see three young people sprinting towards them.

They passed by the other remaining soldiers but suddenly made a full stop seeing the group of people walking towards them.

Ling Wei was about to run back, but she chose those bees rather than the group coming to them

"Ling Wei you stop right there!"

Cheng Waner shouted, Ling Wei withered like a frozen eggplant and hid behind her two brothers ready to hear any rebuke from her mother.

She waited for a while but did not hear anything so she looked at her mother and was startled to see her staring at her back with a shocked expression.

Ling Wei with question marks hanging in her head looked back and was stunned seeing a towering soldier standing behind them.

Ling Wei opened her mouth to say something but Cheng Waner's voice disrupted her

"Bin-er? Is that you?"

The siblings who were shocked silly finally recovered

"Big brother!"

They shouted together, Ling Wei threw herself into her brother's arms while crying

"big brother! How have you been? We missed you badly!"

When the war started, only god knows how worried are they but kept the strong facades.

Cheng Waner also comes and hugs her eldest son, because of emotion she can't even say anything and just keeps on sobbing.

Ling Bin's eyes reddened but still kept on comforting his siblings and mother.

After a while, Sang Momo had no choice but to cut the warm scene seeing them not realizing their surroundings.

"ehem Madam, why not we go inside the house first?"

"r-right! Silly me, come"

And left, Ling Bin looked helplessly at his weeping sister and removed her hat to wipe away her tears.

Momo Sang was startled, Ling Wei is now 17!

"Master Ling Bin, let us go inside?"

Ling Bin paused then hurriedly put back the hat, his sister bloomed beautifully!

Showing her face to these wolves won't do any good!

Ling Wei finally calmed down and was about to greet the other newcomers but Ling Bin pulled her away, so, with no other choice, she could only wave at them.

"the little girl is finally grown up! You have to work faster"

Fu Hai said while patting Long Yi Sheng's shoulder.

Long Yi Sheng smiled evilly, after 3 years, their countenance greatly changed.

The time and war greatly alter his looks, from a scholarly handsome boy to valiant and heroic, he becomes more dashingly handsome.

Ding Cui cried because of happiness seeing her eldest grandson safe.

Ling Wei was led back to her room to freshen up only then did she come out.

"is there anything else you all want?"

Ling Wei heard Ding Cui ask when she arrived at the front hall.

But no one answered her because everyone was focused on Ling Wei.

Because no one saw her face earlier so they were surprised seeing her now.

Ling Wei smiled awkwardly and asked

"erm? What's wrong?"

"little girl you surprised us! You have grown more beautiful"

Fu Hai said after recovering.

As long as they remember, Ling Wei was already pretty when she was younger but unexpectedly her beauty became more apparent.

Ling Wei rolled her eyes

"I have been always beautiful! You are just blind for not seeing my magnificence"

The crowd laughed at her remarks.

"Uncle Fu you look stronger, I am certain that Madam Fu won't recognize you"

Fu Hai touched his bearded face, he was also not sure but, he glared at Ling Wei

"you little traitor! After I praise your looks you returned with insult?"

"Uncle Fu, when did I insult you?"

Ling Wei feigns ignorance resulting in another bout of laughter.

"big brother Xiong Tian I am also glad that you came back safe and unharmed, Nini can finally relax"

Xiong Tian nod

"I wrote a letter, I guess they will be here sooner"

Ling Wei paused

"Why haven't heard anything from her coming here?"

Xiong Tian froze and looked away pretending deaf

"Pfft! I guess sister-in-law wanted to surprise Weiwei but in the end, was leaked the secret by her husband"

Shi Wu said while laughing, making Xiong Tian glares at him, Ling Wei chuckled

"Anyway, it won't be long for me to find it out, knowing big brother Xiong Tian, he will surely want to fly to Nini's side as fast as he can so if he stays here"

Ling Wei did not finish her words but everyone understood, Xiong Tian would stay wherever his family stayed.

"By the way big brother Shi Wu, when can I meet your family?"

"They have already staying in the capital for a few months now, once you return you will surely meet them"

Ling Wei nodded then smiled while looking at her mother and grandmother busying around Ling Bin.

Then her eyes bumped into familiar eyes, she laughed and said

"Big Brother Yuanzheng! I almost did not recognize you, how have you been?"

Long Yi Sheng raised his eyebrow, the little girl obviously ignored her since earlier! But because this time she cannot evade she made an excuse.

"little girl, what did you say?"

Ling Wei coughs awkwardly and says 'Nothing' in a low voice.

She knows that her lie was exposed so she just looked away awkwardly.

Ling Wei is an artist so her love for beauty is boundless.

Long Yi Sheng has already been in line with her aesthetic since she was young, but now, she has this impulse to collect him as well and put him together with her artworks.

She doesn't know if this is an obsession but, if she will keep on looking at him, he will be put in danger.

Long Yi Sheng didn't know why the little girl was suddenly acting so strangely but, he knew that her gaze meant something.

Not hate or disgust but rather, appreciation or deeper.