Chapter 116

After hearing the rumor circling around the capital about him wanting to chase her.

She did not dare to confirm it through her friends, afraid of being teased by them.

Zhi Heng noticed her peculiarity, so he just honestly admitted

"about the rumor"

"huh?"

Ping Mu asked absent-mindedly

"about the rumors circulating, it is true"

"yeah! As I expect- wait? Sorry, your grace?"

"I want to chase you, and it is okay even if you reject me, I won't stop"

Ping Mu was dumbfounded, then slowly said

"Your grace, we don't fit with each other, I mean status alone is already a huge obstacle"

Zhi Heng stared at her making her awkward and was startled by his next words

"you mean that the emperor shouldn't marry the empress?"

"What? NO! The empress is different!"

She hastily explains but Zhi Heng does not buy it

"it is just the same, if you want to talk about status then, the emperor and the empress are the biggest examples"

"But your grace"

"There is no need to say anymore, I don't care about your status, even if you are a woman from a brothel, it doesn't matter, you do not have to concern about anything, just remember that I want to marry you"

Ping Mu blushed

"I am not in a hurry, I already waited for 25 years to find you"

Ping Mu turned redder and finally said

"Your grace I still think that we are not suitable"

Zhi Heng looked at her intently, then slowly said

"even if you think so, I don't care, turning me down is your choice, but to pester you is also mine"

Ping Mu was dumbstruck for a while before asking

"Your grace, do you know that you are being"

"Shameless"

He said finishing her speech

"But that was what I learned at Tao Qiang's wedding, they said that I should be as shameless as I can be"

"Your grace, mind if you tell me who taught you that?"

Ping Mu asked with gritted teeth

"It doesn't matter, Mumu just let me chase you okay?"

Ping Mu is finally defeated with his shamelessness unmatched by his appearance.

"Weiwei, can you believe that he actually said that? And the most important thing is, I wanna know who the hell told him to act shamelessly!"

Ling Wei laughed loudly after hearing Ping Mu's story

"Aunt Mumu is very pretty isn't she?"

Ling Wei said to her son while looking teasingly at Ping Mu making the latter blush

"Weiwei be serious okay?"

Ling Wei handed over her son to Momo Sang and sat beside her friend

"Mumu, please try opening your heart again, listen to it, don't shut all the men out"

"But he looks so cold and scary"

Ling Wei laughed and teased her again

"that cold and scary-looking man is actually in love with our Mumu here!"

Ping Mu looked at her helplessly so Ling Wei became serious again

"he has never been in love, that cold-looking man decided to pursue you, and desperately wants to marry you"

Ping Mu wanted to say something but a loud announcement from a eunuch came

"The Emperor and the prime Minister are here"

Ling Wei looked at the door with confusion, but Long Yi Sheng just gave her a smirk.

"Thie officer greets her majesty"

"Stand up Minister Zhi"

Ling Wei said then asked the emperor

"is it something that matters"

"Prime Minister Zhi just wants to greet the empress"

Long Yi Sheng said smilingly, Ling We's mouth twitched when she finally understood what was going on

"Then the prime minister has already greeted this empress"

Why are you still not leaving yet? Her subtle question made Long Yi Sheng chuckle.

Ping Mu has long been greeted by the men and silently stands aside.

Zhi Heng did not leave and rather stared at the wall flower Ping Mu.

Ping Mu was thinking about how to leave secretly felt the atmosphere was not right.

She looks up and blushes hard seeing Zhi Heng staring at her and the teasing smile of the husband and wife.

"W-what?"

"It is nothing, you only seem to make my palace colorful"

Ling Wei answered and quickly threw a glance at Zhi Heng.

Ping Mu cannot take the teasing anymore so she quickly gives her obeisance and hurriedly leaves like she is being chased.

Zhi Heng bowed at the husband and wife then left as well.

Ling Wei laughed loudly seeing them acting like that.

Long Yi Sheng chuckled seeing his wife enjoying her friend's embarrassment, he reached his hand out and finally hugged her.

"Baby, did you enjoy it?"

Ling Wei put her hand on Long Yi Sheng's chest while asking

"It was your doing?"

Long Yi Sheng hugged her tight and put his chin on her shoulder before he answers

"I did not, I just accidentally said that Ping Mu is here"

Ling Wei giggled again then tiptoed to kiss him

"my husband is so the best"

"Whatever my wife makes happy"

"Then thank you, darling"

The two of them start flirting again, without care as always.

Ping Mu had not gotten too far when Zhi Heng caught up.

Ping Mu wanted to ignore him but considering his status she still greeted him again

"Your grace"

"Are you shy?"

"Pardon?"

Zhi Heng throw her a glance before repeating himself

"Are you shy?"

Ping Mu paused then finally said

"Your grace, if I tell you to stop, will you stop?"

Zhi Heng knows that she is talking about him pursuing her so he shakes his head.

"As I told you before, I won't! I will keep on chasing you until you agree"

Ping Mu did not say anything so he continued.

"I will pamper you, like how the emperor pampers the empress, I won't take any side wives, I promise you that you will be alone, giving birth is painful so if you don't want to, then I won't push you to give birth"