Chapter 111

"Wait! Wait! Don't tell me yet, let us wait for Mumu and Nini"

Fu Si pursed her lips and finally accepted her defeat.

She already knows that Ling Wei must have noticed something so she goes out of the palace.

"So Mumu knows this"

Fu Si  nods still wiping her tears, she just finished the whole story and while telling everyone, she can't help but cry again

"I asked her to keep it from you both"

She said while sniffing but Ling Wei's focus was different

"so he was married! Why have we never heard about it?"

"but his wife is already dead though?"

Ping Mu asked back not understanding Ling Wei's focus

"and yet he did not remarry! Maybe his feelings towards his dead wife are actually so deep that until now he can't open his heart!"

Ling Wei said straight away making the others silent, then finally pat Fu Si

"competing with the dead person is the hardest!"

Lu Nini advised. The shadow of the dead beloved is very hard to erase.

"then what is your plan now?"

Ping Mu asked later on

"Maybe I will leave and travel, but please don't blame him"

Ling Wei's mouth twitch

"he is also at fault! He should have made it clear from the very beginning!"

They all silently agreed, then started comforting Fu Si again.

"why you did not tell us that Head guard Tao Qiang was married?"

Long Yi Sheng looked at his wife and realized,

"Baby, that was a very long time ago! He did not even enter the palace as a guard yet!"

Ling Wei pursed her lips and said

"But you should have still informed me, my Sisi is hurt you know?"

Long Yi Sheng gently comforted her

"Wifey, let them fix this issue okay? It will be fine"

Ling Wei just snorted and hugged her husband ready to sleep.

Fu Si did not go again for, Tao Qiang is getting flustered.

He sighed while counting the days, it was almost a month since he last saw her.

The Empress seems to know nothing as well, he massages his forehead and looks up.

He never thought that this would be the outcome.

While being absent-minded he heard a rustle, because he was in the forest-like place inside the palace he was hidden,

He looked at the source of the sound and found three servants walking while gossiping.

"Miss Fu is pitiful, right? I don't think that there is a problem on pursuing with chasing the person you like"

Tao Qiang paused when he heard the name Miss Fu and started listening.

"Yeah! But those hypocritical servants are badmouting her a lot! How dare they! If the empress knew this I would just watch them being punished"

"if the head Guard won't like her then he is blind! Miss Fu is very kind and pretty! She was also very generous!"

The others agreed and were about to continue but were startled when Tao Qiang emerged from the trees.

"HEAD GUARD TAO!"

they loudly exclaim altogether, but Tao Qing dismisses their greetings and directly asks

"What were you talking about?"

The servants look at each other and finally one of them starts confessing.

"Head Guard, Miss Fu was already humiliated enough, please don't torture her anymore"

"Head Guard she is right! If you don't like her then just tell her"

"she is really pitiful but not even once she cried! She always keeps on smiling, punish us if you want! But, at the very least we have said what we wanted"

Tao Qiang's head started to spin, he did not know this, he couldn't see the problem with her giving gifts and all to him but he forgot that there were a lot of people who would judge her.

Even though they are working inside the palace,

"Write all the names who bad-mouthed Miss Fu behind then send it to the Empress and tell her servants that it was me who asked you"

Then he left in a flash, the servants looked at each other and smiled.

Head Guard Tao seems anxious, maybe he has feelings for Fu Si right?

Tao Qiang rode his stead to find Fu Si as fast as he could, he badly missed her.

He knows all the shops she is running, so he knows where to go.

After the 5th shop, he finally found her.

He was about to enter but froze when he heard that she was leaving.

"Miss Sisi stay okay?"

"The prince's 100th days did not pass yet! How can you leave? The empress won't allow you"

Fu Si laugh

"the empress has already approved my leave!"

The shop helpers sulked

"then until when?"

One of them finally asked

"I don't know? Maybe a year or more than"

"but I heard that the madam is already searching for a husband for you"

Tao Qiang's body suddenly felt chilly he was about to call her but someone was faster

"Brother-in-law"

All of them looked at the source of the voice and were confused seeing a sweet little girl and a towering-looking-solemn man standing at the door.

Tao Qiang ignore his sister-in-law and call Fu Si

"Miss Fu, may I talk to you?"

Fu Si glanced at the frozen girl and Tao Qiang and said

"Headguard Tao I don't think this is a good idea"

"it is fine! Please?"

Fu Si nodded and let him follow her outside, she walked to the secluded part of the alleyway and finally stopped

"Head guard Tao how may I help you?"

Tao Qiang's uneasiness intensifies seeing the polite and distant look on her.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Fu Si sighed and finally just went straight to the point.

"it was my mistake, I should've tried getting closer to you"

"Miss Fu, w-what do you mean?"

"the literal meaning! But I did not regret anything! At least I tried but you should have told me that you cannot forget your dead wife!"

Tao Qiang was startled and asked shakily

"Y-you knew?"

Fu Si bit her lips hard seeing the guilt and worried expression in his eyes.

Is he guilty and worried about his dead wife?