Chapter 117

Ping Mu was silent then finally said,

"your grace, I agree"

Zhi Heng suddenly grabbed her hand and solemnly said

"you won't regret marrying me"

Ping Mu was dumbstruck, then she pulled her hand away and exclaimed

"your grace, what are you talking about? I just agreed on you pursuing me"

There was a flash of regret in his cold eyes but recovered quickly

"it doesn't  matter, we will eventually arrive at that part, anyway Mumu you should change the way you address me"

Ping Mu did not dare to look at him and walked faster, but compared to her that only reached his chest so, his steps were wider, after several steps, he easily caught up with her.

"why are you walking too fast? Did I say something wrong? Sooner or later, we will get married, we will do the most intimate thing in the world so, you can't call me 'your grace' anymore"

Ping Mu looked at him with widening eyes, she instantly turned red and left almost running.

There was a smile on his cold face while staring at the hopping rabbit.

The glimmer in his eyes intensified when he remembered the look in her eyes.

There was no disgust but purely shock and embarrassment.

He orders his men to protect her well before leaving.

He already sent a couple of his men to protect her since the day he met her.

The smile in his eyes remains until Ping Mu disappears from his sight.

The eunuch who escorts him out shivers internally.

Prime Minister Zhi Heng with Miss Ping Mu is totally different without her!

He was like a spring breeze when she was around and like a glacial storm when she was not!

What a disparity!

"Master, you look happy, did the talk with the mistress go well?"

In the entire world, only Zhi Heng's old head steward can tell the differences on his face.

"The Madam will be able to come home soon"

He said coldly but the steward could still detect the happiness in his voice

"then this servant will hurriedly redecorate the residence based on the madam's preference"

The steward said then hurriedly left, he already knew what Ping Mu wanted because of the previous report.

The whole capital was again in a state of shock!

No one knows who and when it started but another rumor started!

The young Prime Minister Zhi Heng is now engaged!

And he is to be married to the remaining single friend of the empress! Ping Mu!

Plenty of aristocratic family was saddened by the news.

Prime Minister Zhi Heng is a huge fish! If their daughter catches his attention then their status will be lifted big time!

Anyway, it is only a rumor, so they still have a chance, just keep on hoping that it was all a plain rumor.

Unexpectedly days come and no one clarifies the hearsay and an announcement crushed those families' hope.

Prime Minister Zhi Heng and Ping Mu are about to get married!

"Okay! We are all here, start confessing now"

Ping Mu hid her blushing face while secretly stealing glances at her best friends.

Ling Wei saw her deep red face and exclaimed

"Don't tell me! Did he force you? Tell me the truth!"

Fu Si and Lu Nini glance at each other and stare at Fu Si with wide eyes

"Weiwei, what are you talking about?"

She asked in confusion

"If you are not forced then why so sudden? You just agreed on his pursuit last month!"

Fu Si looked down again and refused to answer so another conjecture came

"Then you toppled him down? So now he is demanding you to take responsibility? As expected to our Sisi! Only she can bring down the great and mighty Prime Minister Zhi Heng!"

Lu Nini said proudly making the rest clap their hands in amazement making Ping Mu spill the truth

"What? No! The truth is, we slept together"

The three women gasped with wide eyes then the questions exploded

"Did he force you?"

"when it happens?"

"How?"

"Who started?"

"He seduces you?"

"You agreed?"

"What?"

Ping Mu covered her ears and loudly said

"Wait! Let me finish the whole story first"

The trio looked at each other with shame so Ling Wei said

"No! Mumu this sort of thing can't be shared with anyone okay?"

Fu Si and Lu Nini agreed and add

"We know that you are very open-minded but, Mumu this is not good!"

"And besides your future husband will be  ashamed once he hears a wind of it"

Ping Mu was slightly astonished by her friend's wild imagination so she said straight away

"it was just sleeping! Literally! I was drunk, and I did not expect him to climb up my window while I was drunk, then I forced him to lay on my bed with me then I closed my eyes and slept!"

"ooh!"

They exclaim

"What is that with a suddenly uninterested reaction?"

They giggle and said

"Because you did not clarify directly that is why we thought that something deeper happened! Anyway, all of us here are not as innocent as you so we jump into different places from you"

Ping Mu mentally made a face slap

"So that is why I agreed to this marriage! Initially, it was my fault, I forced him so I have to take responsibility!"

The trio made an applause while praising her

"How domineering!"

"That is Mumu for you!"

"What a responsible girl! I am so proud of you!"

Ping Mu groaned and begged them

"Please! Stop teasing me! Enough already"

The trio laughs loudly seeing her face as red as an apple and finally stop.

"How naive! Our Mumu is too innocent!"

Ling Wei loudly said

"Yup! This cannot be blamed on our Mumu! Her opponent has been in a high society since he was born!"

"And was trained harshly by those old ministers in the palace so it is not surprising!"

Ping Mu again starts being confused

"What are you talking about"

Her best friends look at her mysteriously and finally ask

"is it really a coincidence? That he was there when you got drunk? And knowing you, you are not the person who will just drink alcohol all of the sudden"