Chapter 112

"you shouldn't have given me hope! You should have declined at the very beginning! But you did not! You trampled on my feelings and my pride! I was being called a lot of names inside the palace but I ignored everything! You give me false hope and me that is stupid enough, hold on to that! Are you happy now? I decided to stop pestering you! Don't worry I won't appear in front of you anymore! And don't  worry about the incident before, the Empress already knows what to do"

Fu Si turned around and was about to leave but Tao Qiang stopped her and started explaining

"About my dead wife please listen to me first! I don't have a deep feeling towards her"

"Who will believe you!"

Fu Si exclaims and flings her hand away but he holds her tight

"Please listen! I-i will only say this to you! E-except for me and my family nobody knows the truth! My dead wife died because she hanged herself right after she entered our matrimonial bed"

Fu Si finally stopped struggling and looked at him with wide eyes

"what?"

"Yes! She chose to kill herself rather than to be with me, we were betrothed since we were young, when we found her, she was already dead, then we also found her letter, saying about her beloved and all"

Fu Si keeps on listening so he continues

"I was only 14 at that time! But I beg my parents to hide the reason for her death! And just give the letter to her family, At that time there was a lot of talk about my marriage but I chose to hide everything, after a while my parents decided to send me to their fief to cool down and forget the trauma"

He took a deep breath and then continue

"Then I met a girl, she was about to be sold but she looked like my dead wife so I helped her and decided to marry her, but she was also killed by the person who wanted to buy her, before she could even enter our house"

Fu Si did not know how to react anymore but she keeps on listening

"then after that blow, I have decided to start training and enter the palace as a guard, then I save a girl"

"then she also died"

Fu Si said before he continues

"yes, we were just engaged, look! That time my real plan is just to wait until you meet the right person before forgetting everything"

He paused and then looked at her sincerely then continued

"the shadows left by my experience keep on hunting me! I don't want another innocent girl to die because of me! But you, you are different, your smile, your eyes, and your voice penetrated my heart, I was scared that something might happen to you so I tried so hard to distance myself but when you stopped showing yourself, my heart started to waver, then I realized that I cannot let you go! I won't let anything happen to you! And I would rather die than to lose you"

Fu Si looked at him and then finally said

"Do you think just by saying these, everything will be fine after?"

Tao Qiang froze then looked down and said aggrievedly

"I know! You get through a lot of pain because of me! My simple explanation and apology won't change the fact that you were hurt because of me"

Fu Si snorts and asked

"then why did you not tell this from the very beginning?"

"I don't know! Maybe because of cowardice, Sisi don't leave okay? Let me repay everything"

Fu Si shook her head and decisively said

"no need! I already decided to move on, I already cried enough"

But Tao Qiang will never gonna give her up!

"then this time I will chase you!"

Then left, Fu Si was dumbfounded, but after shaking her head she turned around to leave.

When she enters the shop again Tao Qiang's sister-in-law has also left.

"B-brother-in-law do you like that sister?"

"you should stop calling me brother-in-law and starting today you cannot come to me anymore, lest my future wife misunderstand"

The sister-in-law was shocked

"t-then what about my sister? She died because of you"

Madam Tao who heard the words was angered

"your sister is a bitch and so you do! Brother-in-law here and there and yet wants to seduce him! Listen well you little bitch! Your sister killed herself because she had an affair behind my son's back! Your mother raised two equally bitch daughters! Go home and never come back!"

The Sister-in-law was shocked

"that is a lie!"

Madam Tao snorts and said

"ask your mother then! Kick this bitch out and she is never allowed to enter again"

She has been keeping a fake facade because of his son but now, her son seems to finally woken up!

"Son, is it true? You already have a future wife?"

She asked when the annoying person was finally gone

"Mother but I wronged her!"

Madam Tao listened carefully to her son's story then after listening she could not help but smack her son's not-good head!

"You bastard!"

Tao Qiang clutched his head while admitting his mistake

"Mother I know I was wrong! I messed everything up! And I am willing to correct that mistake! Mother help me! What should I do?".

"He what?"

Lu Nini exclaims right after Fu Si confesses everything.

Right now, they are inside Fu Si's room, and Ling Wei escape from the palace again.

"Sisi don't forgive him just like that!"

Ling Wei said while munching her cake

"but he was also a victim"

Lu Nini said making the others snort

"but it is not a reason to hurt someone! Everyone is not her mother who will understand and forgive him you know?"

Ping Mu said

"Mumu is right, unintentional or intentionally if you hurt someone you are in the wrong!"

Ling Wei adds.

"then what should I do?"

"easy! If you still like him let him chaise you, make him double the effort you exerted and if you don't want anymore just tell him straight"

Then Ling Wei paused and add

"Are you not afraid? What if he is really cursed?

Fu Si tightened her lips and finally decided

"I am not afraid"

The girls smiles at her then start planning on torturing Tao Qiang.