Chapter 31

"Mother, what do you think?"

Cheng Waner ask, full of sadness.

Ding Cui understands her daughter-in-law.

they are not blind, they are happy about Ling Cong's return but they won't blindly trust him.

the 4 children are the life root of the Ling family, they cannot put them in any danger because of Ling Cong's return!

"let us observe more okay?"

Cheng Waner nod, the seed of doubt has been planted but they are still hoping.

Ling Wei purse her lips after eavesdropping.

there is pain and disappointment in her heart but, they all cannot cheat themselves.

they have woken up from a beautiful dream and face the painful reality.

The next day early morning, after setting up the store, the whole family come to Ling Cong to eat breakfast.

"Dad, did you sleep well? no discomfort?"

Ling Cong smile slightly and gently answer

"I am fine! thank you Wei-er"

Ling Wei smiles and urges him to eat more.

this time they brought a lot of meat dishes and seafood for him.

Ling Cong eat happily, and relief seeing them act the same as yesterday.

when he looked down, there is a sinister smile on his eyes then hurriedly hid it.

"I think it should be fine now right? to go out?"

Ling Cong asks dejectedly,

"Dad don't worry! we will accompany you! we will show you around"

Ling Han said seriously like a big man that makes the others laugh.

after breakfast, Ling Han and Ling He tour Ling Cong around.

Ling Cong smiles sinisterly, letting two kids come with him means they trust him!

before lunch, Ling Cong invites them back.

Ling Wei and the two elders are already there waiting for them.

while eating lunch Ling Cong ask

"Now that I am fine, I can move in with you right?"

the two women look at each while Ling Wei giggles

"Dad no hurry! the shop won't run, for now, our priority is your health!"

then she continues eating, when she looks down, Ling Cong tightens his hold on his chopstick and there's a terrifying look in his eyes.

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner were frightened seeing this look.

but Ling Cong didn't notice this and insist

"I can help in the shop! As the family head, it's me who should shoulder this duty right?"

Ding Cui put down her chopstick then said

"if you insist, then it's fine"

Ling Cong's complexion brightens but turn pale when Ding Cui add

"as you said, you are the head of the family so I decided to sell the shop and go back to the village and live like we used to! this capital is not suited for us"

all of them were startled, but the most reaction is from Ling Cong

"Mother don't joke around okay? how can we let go of the hen that is laying a golden egg?"

Cheng Waner glanced at her mother-in-law understanding her plan

"you know your mother really doesn't like bustle! I prefer life in the small village, listen to mother, this is also good for you! we don't know what is consequences of your accident are, it's better for us to live there"

Ling Wei smiles secretly, her grandmother is really clever!

"yes! I think so too! let us continue our simple life! Ling Cong is now here! we don't have to worry about our living"

Cheng Waner add,

"We also miss our friends in the village! we don't like other kids here!"

"big brother is right!"

Ling Han and Ling He added.

"Then it is settled! so after today, we will rely on Father again! Father won't surely let us starve!"

then Ling Wei stand about to live but Ling Cong stop her

"Where do you think you're going"

"sell the shop"

she answers carelessly

"NOBODY WILL SELL THE SHOP!"

Ling Cong's roar makes others startled, Cheng Waner and Ding Cui hide the kids behind them and look at him in vigilance.

Ling Cong finally realizes his gaffe, then hurriedly explains to the vigilant women

"Sorry! I-it was just momentarily confusion,i-i thought I am still at war!"

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner, look at each other with pain and disappointment.

"Dad it's fine! we understand! you have suffered a lot! let me talk to grandma and mother okay? while try resting again"

then Ling Wei pulls everyone out leaving Ling Cong alone.

inside their house, Ling Wei look at her grandma and mother's pained expressions, she sigh and slowly said

"Grandma, Mother, I know you already noticed that something is off with the current Ling Cong, I already asked someone to investigate him, we cannot let him off! whoever he is! I won't forgive him for imitating Dad and sullen his name! Let us just wait, we cannot make any drastic move that will put our whole family in any danger! for now, let's play his game, we still have to pretend that we don't know anything"

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner look at the children and then finally sober up.

Ding Cui felt guilty, she purposely want to agitate the current Ling Cong to know the truth.

Ling Wei is right, her move made her whole family endangered

"then what should we do?"

"no more talking about going back to the village and selling the shop, he will feel pressure and I am sure he will move sooner so we have to make preparation"

she sigh then continues

"Madam Zhou is our external help, I sent Ling Han to them and gave a positive answer, she said that they are already watching Ling Cong closely so we will know about his movements, I also learned that the reason why we have given a huge amount of compensation for grandpa and dad's death"

she smile slightly then proudly said

"Grandpa and Father saved their superior, the position is still clear, but sooner he will come to us, that was what Madam Zhou said, Grandpa and Father are heroes"

so imitating them is unforgivable! Ling Wei although didn't meet them personally but, the real Ling Wei is loved deeply by them, so she won't let anyone dirty their names.