Chapter 90

"it doesn't matter how hard is it, as long you stay  by my side and remain loyal, everything will be fine"

Ling Wei said before drifting back to sleep.

Long Yi Sheng chuckled, he gave her a light kiss and whisper

"I will be loyal to you until the end, and I will keep you by my side no matter what".

Ling Wei sent some medicinal wines to the grand dukes, the first thing she did when she woke up.

She also sent exclusively designed jewelry for their main wives, of course, she did not forget the gifts for the emperor, she did not manage to give his yesterday.

Then Ling Wei starts busying herself again, the wedding will be in two months, and the wedding gown is not yet ready.

Long Yi Sheng sent the betrothal gifts that made the whole city's jaw drop.

"did the crown prince empty his treasury?"

The citizen asked while looking at those carriages.

"Does he even consider where we could file it all?"

Ling Wei said, feeling helpless and angry at the same time

"why is he being showy again? Our family can give more dowry! Just the wait!"

Ling Bin muttered under his breath then counting on his mind his secret stashes and the treasures he received from the emperor.

Not enough but, he still has time to purchase a lot of land and he will use the money Ling Wei keeps for him as his share of their income since he entered the camp.

It is not only him, Ling Han and Ling He also has their own shares so he meets his two brothers.

They gather all they have and put it on Ling Wei's hand

"make do with it, the amount is just small but, even so, we cannot let him belittle our family"

Ling Bin said.

"who was belittling our family? Can't you see how much the crown prince gave importance to Weiwei by sending this lot of betrothal gifts?"

Ling Bin just snorts

"sister don't worry! I will earn more when I grow up and give you more"

Ling He said

"Once I become the prime minister, you will manage my salary"

Ling Han said

Ling Wei laughed

"what i will do to those things? Keep it! You will need it, you are men, you cannot get married sloppily"

She is definitely feeling blissful to have them as her family.

When the examination started, everyone was worried.

Every examination lasted for a week, they asked Ling He to delay his exam, after all, he was only 13, so even if the capital examination could be held once every two years, it would be fine but he insisted on doing so.

After a week of torture, the two of them finally helped out of the room.

Ling Wei looked at her two pale and weak younger brothers feeling pity for them.

The ancient exam is torturous!

Cheng Waner and Ding Cui prepared a lot of fresh and hot meals for them.

Ling Wei had not seen Long Yi Sheng for almost a month now, although he already explained that he was very busy but she did not expect him to be this busy.

When the result came, it was after a month, Ling He passed, he became the youngest person who passed the capital examination ever and Ling Han was 6th placed.

The Ling family received a lot of congratulations from commoners to nobles.

A week before the wedding, Ling Wei's wedding gown is finally ready.

To people who helped Ling Wei prepare it gasps in amazement.

The real thing looks more beautiful than the drawing!

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner weep after seeing it, now the feeling of Ling Wei's marriage is getting more and more real!

Ling Wei heard that Long Yi Sheng was sent outside the capital for some errands last month so they did not see each other for almost two months now.

Long Yi Sheng looked at his filed-up work and his face darkened.

He badly wants to run and find his wife but if he does not finish all of this before the wedding, his vacation will be canceled as well!

Ling Bin is the happiest about his misfortune.

4 nights before the wedding, the Ling siblings sneaked out to go to the night market.

Ling Wei bought a lot of small playthings while her brothers carried them.

Ling Wei tried most of the foods while the three of them finished everything.

They laughed and played almost all night but when the sun came Ding Cui and Cheng Waner punished them while scolding them, but more on punishing the brothers while scolding all of them.

3 nights before the wedding Fu Si, Ping Mu, and Lu Nini came to sleep with her.

But it was more likely to stay up all night!

They talked and laughed and giggled most of the night.

Long Yi Sheng who can't endure anymore was about to come to Ling Wei's room again but was stopped by his hidden guards.

"why do they have to sleep with her? She is my wife!"

He said grumpily but lay back on his bed, he missed her so much!

2 nights before the wedding, Ling Wei sleeps with Ding Cui

"already this big but still wants to sleep with her grandma!"

Ding Cui admonished but still let her in.

"you will become a wife, but you will always be grandma's most beloved granddaughter"

Ling Wei hugged her and said

"once I give birth to a daughter I am sure you will start to set me aside"

Ding Cui laughed

"of course! Great granddaughter will be my number one"

Then both of them laughed.

Long Yi Sheng looked at the report with helplessness

"Why does my wife like to sleep with everyone? this is not good! Once we are married I will surely remind her that except me, she cannot go and sleep with everyone! Including their children"

A night before the wedding, Ling Wei sleeps with Cheng Waner.

"This is the last gift your father sent me, there was a note that this will be his gift to you once you get married"

Cheng Waner said then handed her a small lacquer box.

Ling Wei opened it and she saw the most beautiful jade pendant she had ever seen.

Her name was carved beautifully with a rabbit in it.

The carving was neat and exquisite

"your father was a great artist as well, you got that from him"

"This is more perfect than those I made!"