Chapter 120

The weather was quietly changed but the court started to become restless.

The Emperor was found ill and in a state of deep sleep.

He has been in a coma for 4 months now.

Because they cannot hide it anymore so they had no choice but to announce it.

The grand emperor, grand empress, and the empress dowager hurriedly came back after receiving the news.

The emperor was found in a temple not far away from the capital.

The emperor's servants and escort said that there was a great monk who was overseeing the emperor's situation.

Ling Wei did not cower and face the restless ministers with Ling Bin and Zhi Heng backing her up.

When the grand emperor and empress found out what happened, together with the empress they wanted to go back to assist Ling We but she stopped them.

She did not want to disturb the elderly and wanted them to just relax.

Early in the morning, despite her pregnancy, she has to get up to attend court.

It was good that Long Yi Sheng told her anything except his sickness.

Her family and friends were feeling distressed for her but, she cannot neglect her duty as the empress while the emperor is ill.

While Ling Wei is struggling to stop the internal betrayals a huge movement starts outside.

Those countries that heard the Long Empire's emperor had fallen ill, started making their moves

When Ling Wei hears it, she grits her teeth and orders her people to investigate it.

When her people find out the truth the traitors are already starting to flee but Ling Bin's soldiers are faster.

They were captured before they could cross the border.

Three families were paraded to the whole capital and called the country's traitors.

Their whole family and 9 generations are sentenced to be beheaded based on the law.

Ling Wei is certainly against this outcome but she cannot show any weakness.

Those children were branded as traitors who wouldn't have an easy life even if their lives were saved.

Ling Bin has to leave Ling Wei's side to face those enemies who started moving.

On the 8th month of Ling Wei's pregnancy, the Grand emperor and empress returned with the empress dowager.

The elder women weep after seeing Ling Wei.

Her face is very pale, she lose a lot of weight and the color of her eyes diminishes a lot.

Because the monk did not allow anyone to visit Long Yi Sheng, Ling Wei could not sleep properly.

Long Chuan starts overseeing the country again with the help of Heng Kexin so Ling Wei can rest.

Ling Wei thanked them wholeheartedly and started packing to live in the temple, even though she could not see Long Yi Sheng, but thinking that she would be near him made her at ease.

Together with Long Dingbang, she starts staying at the temple.

Before giving birth, Ling Wei met the abbot.

The abbot was shocked seeing her but then calmed down in a while and asked

"May I speak with the empress?"

Ling Wei saw the shock in his eyes and was a little confused but nodded anyway.

"I have found the root of the emperor's sickness"

Ling Wei's eyes widen and ask excitedly

"he can finally wake up? Where is it?"

"It depends on the empress"

Ling Wei knit her eyebrows

"What does it mean?"

"I am not sure but, it seems the emperor tried filling the hole or being sucked by it"

"Please explain"

"There is a hole in you, and the reason why he is in this state is that his souls and spirits are sucked or filled the whole inside you"

The abbot pauses then continues

"Each human has 3 souls and 7 spirits, the emperor is fell into a deep sleep because of lack of soul and spirits, if I am not mistaken, only a spirit is left inside him"

Ling Wei's mind is getting dizzy

"Hole within me?"

When Ling Wei left, she looked up and smiled while looking at the setting sun.

She can do anything as long as Long Yi Sheng woke up!

She closes her eyes and smiles again.

Then she starts writing letters to the family.

She wrote about what the abbot told her, but not all of them.

Then she starts preparing everything for her upcoming daughter.

Yup, she has this strong feeling that she will give birth to a daughter.

While knitting and sewing clothes for her incoming girl, she spends most of her time with her son Long Dingbang, even sleeping, she makes sure that she is by his side.

A month passed by and before giving birth, the war was finally over.

Ling Bin together with Wu Heng visited her.

She almost did not recognize Wu Heng, she had not seen him for a few months, and yet, the changes were very huge.

His skinny and pale complexion becomes muscular and healthy brownish color.

"So how is your life here?"

"Better than before! Thanks to you!"

He answered comfortably making Ling Wei smile.

But she noticed that he was not truly happy yet

"Do you wanna go back?"

Wu Heng froze then looked at the horizon

"If I could, but I guess I just have to embrace my new life! Just like you"

Ling Wei smiled, in agreement but fate was harsh.

The abbot who was taking a walk saw both of them and slightly paused, after greeting them he left to read the scriptures.

Days after, the whole family came to visit, but still had to leave because of Long Yi Sheng's situation.

After a week, Ling Wei's stomach started contracting, it was already deep in the night when her stomach started aching.

The abbot heard the news and hurriedly came to Ling Wei's room to wait for her childbirth.

Ling Wei finally gave birth right after the sun shone on the horizon.

The monks marvel at the golden scenery and thought that it  was auspicious.

Ling Wei holds her daughter while weeping.

"You will be the most loved princess in the whole kingdom, Mother loves you so much"

"Your Highness, the abbot said that you should start sooner"