Chapter 84

Long Yi Sheng was denied access to sleeping in Ling's house even eating with them isn't allowed anymore.

Long Yi Sheng agreed, he respects his future-in-laws decision so after talking with them he left though reluctant.

"Weiwei the crown prince talked to you right?"

Cheng Waner asked her daughter calmly.

Ling Wei paused her hand while painting, she looked down to hide her expectations and after a while, she answer

"yes he did"

"then what did you tell him?"

"I said that as long as you all agreed"

Ling Wei said straightaway, she won't hide this fact, and she won't anger her family or give them heartache just because of her abrupt decision.

Cheng Waner sighed

"Weiwei you know that we want you to be happy, since young until you grow old you never get close to any man, except for the crown prince, and we can all see that you are not without feelings for him"

Ling Wei blushed, she wanted to explain that his face attracted her the most but she would be nagged as shallow and vulgar so she just shut her mouth and kept on listening

"Weiwei whatever your decision is we will support you, if you are not happy with him then leave him! Even if it will ruin us, we won't care! As long as you are happy and remain happy"

Ling Wei's tears fell, she hugged her mother and assured her

"Mom nobody can bully me! You don't have to worry about that! And if that man angers me, I will pack my things and go home to complain! You will all avenge me okay?"

Cheng Waner giggled while hugging her back

"Yes! We will avenge our Weiwei"

They both looked at each other and laughed.

That night Ling Wei slept soundly, she felt like a huge boulder had finally lifted.

Early in the morning the next day, Long Yi Sheng's servant came to bring some food, because the engagement hadn't been announced yet to the public so the villagers did not think much about it.

At Lunchtime, Fu Si came to ask about catching loach and eels

"I have been craving eels and loach! Let us catch them tonight so tomorrow we can finally eat some!"

Ling Wei did not understand her obsession with those slimy and cold things, but seeing her shining eyes with excitement, so she could only nod in agreement feeling helpless.

Right after dinner, Fu Si hurried them to depart.

The group left consisted of the Ling siblings, Xiong Tian with his wife, Fu Si, and Ping Mu, because it was already late so they left Xiong Jun with his grandparents.

For some reason, Long Yi Sheng tagged along as well.

Ling Bin kept on throwing daggers-like glares at him but Long Yi Sheng kept his usual smile and sometimes glanced at Ling Wei and smiled charmingly.

Ling Wei will just look at him and shake her head helplessly.

It was just normal interaction for them but it was not for others

"Weiwei is more flirty today is she not?"

Fu Si whispered to Lu Nini

"what do you mean? It is obvious that Qin Yuanzheng seducing Weiwei!"

Lu Nini whispered back

"but I think it is more like flirting with each other?"

Ping Mu said while looking at the heart-shaped bubbles they were sending to each other.

Ling Bin also noticed this interaction so he forcefully pulled her sister away from the wolf and started talking about his experience as a soldier.

And Ling Wei listened seriously so he secretly smiled seeing how successful he was.

Long Yi Sheng just chuckles lightly and let him be, after all, Ling Bin's time with his dear sister is already limited and once Ling Wei marries him Long Yi Sheng, he has all his time with her then, she will be his, eternally.

When they arrived at Paddy Field, Fu Si impatiently stepped into it.

Ling Wei bit her lips helplessly, but she couldn't let her friend down so she carefully stepped into the paddy field with the help of her brothers.

"I have never thought that Weiwei would be afraid of something"

Ling Wei ignored him and just walked slowly, afraid of stepping into something weird.

Ping Mu also joined in together with Lu Nini and Xiong Tian.

When Ling Wei is finally stable on standing in the middle, they all start catching what they can catch.

Ling Wei did not dare to copy them and just watched the excitement.

It was Ling Bin who first caught an eel, Ling Wei shivered while looking at the squirming thing.

Then she heard Lu Nini giggling, she turned slightly towards her but instantly regretted it.

The husband and wife are literally flirting with each other.

"Can you both please be more considerate to the people around you? Except for the two of you, all of us here are still unmarried!"

Ling Wei exclaims but the two of them just look at her and resume their being lovey-dovey.

The others just roll their eyes and continue catching.

After a while, someone stands beside Ling Wei she side glances and sees it is Long Yi Sheng so she awkwardly turns away instantly

"don't be jealous of them, I can be more if you want"

Ling Wei looks at him in confusion but he just signals to the married couple in the group.

She blushed when she realized his meaning.

He is saying that they can flirt and emit this lovey-dovey atmosphere if she wants.

"Who wants to flirt with you?"

She retorted but he just chuckled lightly making her blush more.

Ling Bin noticed them and hurriedly stopped what he was doing.

He was careless, he forgot that the wolf was just near and left the rabbit alone because of childhood nostalgia.

"Weiwei, why not we go over there? Just help me to look out for them"

Ling Bin said and just pulled her slowly away from the wolf.

There was a tinge of regret in Long Yi Sheng's eyes but later on, his smile returned.

Even though the guard was tight but he still managed to steal a moment with his wife so for now it is fine.

But he will hasten their engagement and the wedding won't be long.

After again successfully 'rescuing' the rabbit, this time he did not leave her side.

So together they catch a lot, although mostly Ling Wei will just silently screech and point at the squirming slimy things.