Chapter 43

"Here,  family's thank you gift"

Ling Bin handed him after meeting the Empress Dowager

Long Yi Sheng raises his eyebrow, although doubtful still he accept it.

He was instantly astonished after seeing the jade pendant.

Carving is not the first time for him but, he didn't know that you can even carve something in jade? And the carving is neat and beautiful!

Although it's for him but, he is still disappointed because it's not his name.

Ling Bin is gloating seeing him at a loss, who told him to hide his identity

Long Yi Sheng noticed his friends gloating so he asked

"why give me a gift? I should be the one giving one"

"it is a gift back"

Long Yi Sheng finally understand

"why not give it personally?"

"It will be inappropriate"

Long Yi Sheng chuckle

"When did your family pay attention to those rules? Besides how is it inappropriate?"

Ling Bin just shrugs his shoulder, Long Yi Sheng look at his friend's face then look away but look something caught his attention

"This is?"

He asked pointing at his waist with a pendant

"ooh? This? My sister's gift"

He said nonchalantly but there is an obvious gloat in his tone.

Long Yi Sheng snatch the jade and instantly regretted it.

No harm without comparison, he thought that his is already beautifully made, but unexpectedly, his is just done perfunctorily!

Ling Bin took back the jade and hurriedly bid his farewell.

He doesn't know why but, he felt that the 5th prince is angry about something.

When morning comes Long Yi Sheng 'visits' the Ling family his reason is to help Ling Bin with Ling Han and Ling He's training.

When Ling Wei woke up, Long Yi Sheng is still there obviously waiting for her.

"little girl, good morning"

Ling Wei with her messy hair greets him back and asks her mother to comb her hair.

"why not get some girls as the little girl's close attendants?"

Long Yi Sheng asks noticing that unlike others Ling Wei really doesn't have close maidservants

"she doesn't like it at all! I already suggested her but she refused"

Ding Cui explains, Long Yi Sheng nods thoughtfully.

After a while, Ling Wei is finally done

"Young master Qin, how are you?"

Long Yi Sheng smiles dazzlingly

"I am good, it's been a long time since I slept very well, you know when I was searching for a gift for you, I searched high and low, I enter a dangerous mountain and cave, fought those wild beasts and even wounded by them, slept in those dangerous places, just to find a gift you will surely like"

Ling Wei's right eye suddenly twitch, she has a bad premonition about this

"by the way, little girl thank you for the gift, I really liked it, I know you are busy but still hastily give me something"

Ling Wei's hand twitched, she is itching for a fight, what he means by hastily?

"Master Qin let us be honest with each other okay? Just tell me what you want"

Long Yi Sheng sigh sadly

"no little girl! I deeply appreciated your effort about my gift"

Ling Wei wanted to smack him, his words are okay but why does he have to emphasize the word effort?

But compared to his gift to her, hers is really perfunctory!

"then let me change it? What do you want?"

"no, it's fine! I don't want you to think that I appreciate what you gifted me, even though finding the blue stone is really hard"

Ling Wei badly wants to check how thick his skin is, she sighs controlling her anger and asks again

"then master Qin, what do you want?"

"nope, it will be so much trouble"

"then if that's what you want"

Ling Wei's patient is already at's limit so she was about to leave Long Yi Sheng made a painful hiss

"my wound from a beast is not yet healed, Miss Ling, I think I should rest more, see you again"

Ling Wei rolls her eyes before turning her head again

"Okay, I give up! Whatever you want, just tell me I'll promise you"

Long Yi Sheng look at her pitifully while asking

"Sure?"

Ling Wei nod so Long Yi Heng finally smile

"call me brother first"

Ling Wei's mouth twitched, Long Yi Sheng saw the reluctance on her face so his face fell again

"It's fine, I know I ask too much, then miss Ling goodbye"

Ling Wei really wanted to punch him

"big brother Yuanzheng"

He really looks pitiful, if he has a tail and ears,  he will surely resemble a large dog who refused to be petted.

But after hearing her calling him big brother the imaginary tail and ears will surely perk up.

"then can you please carve me another one? Here's the jade"

Ling Wei didn't know how to react anymore! But still, take the jade

"what design do you want?"

"single Sheng character and choose any auspicious animals"

"Sheng?"

"yes please"

Ling Wei doesn't understand but still she nods, she already promised him so she will just do as he asked.

Because Long Yi Sheng and Ling Bin have a lot of work to do after mooching breakfast Long Yi Sheng left together with Ling Bin.

After 2 days Long Yi Sheng finally received the pendant.

Ling Wei carve the single character he wanted and as the animal, she choose the ox, she just hopes that this symbol suits him.

Long Yi Sheng took the pendant and hurriedly display it on his body.

"this pendant looks extremely exquisite, 5th brother where did you buy it?"

The first prince asks while they are drinking together.

Long Yi Sheng just smile mysteriously and changed the topic.

It took only 2 days, for Long Yi Sheng's pendant to be wildly known by the whole royal family and those nobles.

Long Yi Sheng finally realized his mistake so he hastily made a trip to Ling's residence.

When he learned that Ling Wei is busy these days he was extremely glad.

Ling Wei is busy making new artwork using the lapis lazuli pigment she just made.

The vibrant hue is extremely appreciated by her, and the natural blue pigment is the rarest, she is really lucky to have 2 of them.