Chapter 19

the visitors truly enjoyed the dinner with Lings, but sadly, they cannot stay for the night.

The house of the Ling family is bigger compared to others in their village but, letting 8 visitors to sleep is impossible.

they only have 4 extra rooms but Ling Wei uses one of them as her workroom so only 3 are available, this room is fine if Qi Huanzang didn't want to stay!

but he insists on staying so he and Shu Qi will occupy each, so without a choice, the others will have to rest at the nearest inn.

That night everyone sleeps peacefully except for those who sleep in an inn.

resulting in them to come at Ling's house early in the morning.

when Ding Cui and Cheng Waner came from the market, they were startled to see 6 people squatting in front of their house

"sirs even though the winter just started, it's already cold! hurry up and come in!"

Ding Cui said while Cheng Waner hurriedly boil some ginger to disperse the cold.

"madam you don't have to busy yourself for us! we don't easily catch a cold you know?"

one of them politely said

"Sir, it's better to prevent it! we have to take our health seriously"

Cheng Waner insisted, so take the hot ginger water embarrassedly.

after drinking the ginger they wanted to help in the kitchen but Ding Cui didn't let them, after all, they are still visitors.

so there is a stalemate on both sides until Qi Huanzang came out and said

"auntie, let them! it was us who is asking for favor so it is fine to help a bit"

"mother master Qi is right! let them"

they didn't know when Ling Han came out from his room but hearing him say that, they are sure that he heard everything.

"then just help me chop the vegetables? and why not some of you pick some additional vegetables in the backyard?"

so after dividing the work, they started preparing breakfast.

while this servant is enjoying, the servant who was kicked back from the capital is having his life uncertain.

"useless thing! what i want is simple! too simple! just let that villager accept you! so it will be easy to draw them to my side! but you all ruin that plan!"

the dignified beautiful woman who is sitting on a magnifecent and extravagant chair with pretty servants around her

"Noble consort please punish this servant! it was this servant's negligence for not educating my people"

Noble consort Gu wave her hand.

" maternal uncle, it's fine! there is always an accident in everything! just next time know your people more"

Hong Guan bow then leave.

"Niang Niang don't get angry! there is still a lot of chance for us to make a move"

Noble consort becomes agitated again

"What chance! the emperor sent the pest 5th prince!do you think he will miss this chance?! no! this family is very important to the emperor!"

remembering the 5th prince, she grits her teeth! then there is a malicious glint in her eyes.

but she cannot move now! the emperor is surely guarding them, anyway, she can wait, she has time.

if this family can't be drawn to her side then, just kill them.

Ling Wei didn't know that her family is now put in danger because of momentarily carelessness but because of this, she will gain some loyal allies shortly.

when Ling Wei comes out, the breakfast is ready, and when everyone appears at the dining table the breakfast start.

it was sumptuous and enjoyable.

Ling Wei decided to read the book about teas she bought when she came to Ling Bin's academy.

so after breakfast, she goes straight to the study room but Shu Qi has a different plan

"i say, little girl! your visitors will return the day after tomorrow! can you please just be patient for two days and face us?"

Ling Wei's lips twitch

"master there is a lot of interesting thing in our village, you can climb the mountain to catch some game, or hunt in the forest for some rabbits and all, or you can fish at the nearby river! i am just a little villager girl! how do you expect me to entertain you?"

"little girl don't be humble, you are much more entertaining than those things!"

Ling Wei inwardly rolls her eyes, so she should be proud to be this people's clown?

"then what do you want?"

she ask feeling depress

"hehe, nothing much! just show us how a trick or two of yours?"

Ling Wei's mouth twitched, is she some kind of a workshop? she look at the hopeful eyes of the visitor then sigh

"why not some woodcarving?"

they are a little disappointed but still follow.

Ling Wei smile inwardly, her woodcarving is different you know?

because Ling Wei's workroom is small so she proceeds to the pottery room.

Ling Wei ask Ling He and Ling Han to take her woodcarving tools, then she sat down.

Qi Huanzang and Qi shu sat down near her.

when Ling He and Ling Han brought her tools she started.

she first introduces what they will use and how to use it.

"I am not good at teaching but, i suggest before start carving, draw the pattern first"

then she show them using a charcoal stick, then when everything is ready she starts.

"Practice is always the best thing to improve, after you learn, practice every day, make it a daily habit until you master the skill"

when she was done carving, the visitors' eyes are all shining brightly.

she carved a bird with wings open wide and obviously ready to fly.

they only saw simple trinkets as wood accessories.

but the most surprising thing is, whatever Ling Wei made, seems alive!

her hands are like a magical tools that can give anything life!

Ling Wei smile brightly at her artwork and look at Qi Huanzang

"Pretty isn't it?"

he looks at the carved wood then at her and seriously answer

"very pretty"

while staring at her.

Ling Wei didn't notice that something is amiss, but Shu Qi of course saw everything.