Chapter 70

The wedding day finally arrived.

Ling Wei in her confusion was woken up by Momo Sang.

"Momo why are you doing this to me? Do you want me to resent the idea of getting married?"

"What nonsense? My young miss, please don't say that"

Sang Momo said horrified, what will happen to the 5th prince then?

"Young miss you have to help the bride in her preparation"

Ling Wei sighs helplessly, is she the one who will put make-up on Lu Nini's face? Or will fix her hair? Or pluck the excess eyebrows?

Lu Nini has already finished the bath Ling Wei prepared.

The aromatic candles and oils are personally chosen by Ling Wei, she even adds a relaxing massage and full body wax.

So when Ling Wei and the others saw Lu Nini her eyes were already red.

"why are you crying? It's too early for that you know?"

Fu Si teased

"When it's your turn to get married I will ask Weiwei to prepare a more special bath for you"

The servants who helped Lu Nini giggle and so did Ling Wei but Fu Si and Ping Mu did not react because they had no idea how torturous the body wax is.

Before the groom procession arrived Ling Wei, Ping Mu, and Fu Si had already changed their clothes.

When the procession arrived Lu, Fu, Ping, and Ling family were standing at the door.

Xiong Tian invited his brothers in arms including Long Yi Sheng, Shi Wu, and Ling Bin together with General Fu Hai.

The soldiers blushed seeing Ling Wei again, although most of them have seen and met her but most of the time they cannot see her face because she is covered well.

Unlike today, her face can be seen clearly.

Ling Wei wore simple clothing but Ding Cui insisted on putting light makeup on her.

Long Yi Sheng noticed the unnatural blush of the soldiers so his face instantly turned dark.

Ling Wei is not a beauty that can bring down nations but her natural charm can attract a lot of attention.

When she was still a child, Long Yi Sheng never thought that she would bloom more beautifully each year.

"Ling Bin how dare you turn your back to your family?"

Ling Wei said when the procession finally stopped.

"Weiwei I did not! I was merely riding with them"

Then he aligns from his horse and stands beside his siblings.

The soldiers were dumbfounded then after a while he earned a lot of boos.

"what about the life and death we have been through?"

Xiong Tian asked with faked heartache, Ling Bin just smiled and started torturing the groom and his procession together with his whole family.

Ling Han and Ling He asked about books which Long Yi Sheng answered without a hitch which made the two withered instantly, they took time just to come up with these questions with very hard answers but Long Yi Sheng did not even make an effort.

Ling Wei rolled her eyes at him seeing Long Yi Sheng looking at him smugly, she was not impressed at all!

The Lu siblings asked for ask for a sword dance, and the Fu Si and Ping Mu's siblings asks for the red packet that makes the trio beat them.

When it's the trio's turn, Xiong Tian subconsciously swallows.

"say a verse or two of a poem describing our Nini"

Xiong Tian's eyes shone then looked at Long Yi Shenh with amazement while taking out a piece of paper from his pocket then read the poem out loud.

Ping Mu, Fu Si, and Ling Wei glanced at each other in disbelief

"you are cheating!"

Fu Si said, could not accept the outcome because the poem he wrote was simply perfect for Lu Nini's description.

"How is that cheating?"

Shi Wu asked with amusement.

Ling Wei glared hatefully at Long Yi Sheng making the latter shiver

"little girl, it was not me, I just advised him"

"I now pronounce you as my enemy"

Long Yi Sheng chuckled

"come one little girl, don't be so mean, the suspicious time is almost here, we cannot parry any longer"

"This war is not yet over, we won't hand over Nini that easily"

The crowd laughed seeing Ling Wei's determination.

"then my challenge is if Weiwei says yes then my challenge is consider done"

"anything? As long as a word yes comes out of her mouth?"

One of Xiong Tian's relatives asks

Ping Mu nodded seriously, so a lot of them started trying but Ling Wei kept her mouth shut.

Long Yi Sheng laughed lowly and gave Xiong Tian a signal.

Xiong Tian then hurriedly looked at Fu Hai and made the latter raise his hand.

Then the soldiers opened a path in the middle and a child walked towards Ling Wei.

Ling Wei's eyes shone brightly while inwardly screaming the little boy is too cute!

The baby stopped in Ling Wei and then smile

Ling Wei and the others were almost blinded by that smile and some even wanted to rush and take the baby away.

"hello beautiful sisters"

Fu Si and Ping Mu excitedly say hi, the baby stares at Ling Wei then says

"sister Weiwei is so beautiful! Can I marry you when I grow up?"

Ling Wei bit her lips to keep herself from talking, she almost says yes so she had to be careful

The baby's eyes redden seeing her not answering

"am I not cute? Do you think I am ugly? Do you hate me?"

"NO!"

Ling Wei finally answered

"then why are you not answering me?"

Ling Wei squats down then seriously explain

"sister is having difficulty, sister is sorry okay?"

The little boy's face brighten up

"then am I not ugly? Do I look cute?"

Ling Wei's heart was hit by an arrow of cupid clutched her heart while looking at the expectant and bright eyes of the baby

"YES! You are the cutest ever! No one will beat you with that! Can sister keep you"

She finally said could not hold the cuteness overload.

She carried the chubby little sticky rice ball and hugged him tightly absorbing his milky smell.

The crowd laughed again seeing this scene

Ling Wei paused then finally realized that she had been duped!

"you all are cheating! Who can say no to this kind of existence?"

The little boy giggles then hugs back Ling Wei.

Long Yi Sheng who came up with this idea squinted his darkening eyes and then slowly walked towards them.

"you are so cute! Your parents are amazing at producing this cutey!"

Ling Wei said while hugging the soft and comfortable little bun.

She was about to give him a big kiss when suddenly the baby was snatched away.