Chapter 16

Shu Qi bickered so Ling Wei sigh defeated.

"master I can write the making process step by step if you want"

Shu Qi shook his head

"for now let me tell you something first, I went to the capital to show the paper and pen, as you can see our emperor is leaning towards literacy than military so he ask me to buy the rights of your paper and ink"

Ling Wei and Ling Bin understand, and Shu Qi knows that as well so even without finishing his words they will get it

"We don't need any payment! As a citizen of our beloved mainland, it is our duty to help!"

Ling Wei said righteously, but the truth is, she just didn't want any more attention!

she didn't expect this ending!

Shu Qi was touched by the little girl's words but didn't allow it

"the emperor already say it! he will already send someone trustful to learn the process"

then he hands them a deed and pouch

"This is the deed of 500 acres of land near your village, this is also the contract of the tenants"

Ling Wei and Ling Bin are frozen stiff by this but Shu Qi is not yet done

"1000 taels of gold is also a reward from his majesty"

"master the land is more than enough! we are just simple villagers! the land is already huge enough for us!"

Ling Wei protested

"little girl! for you, it is too much but it's actually not! just take it and use it! you still have 2 younger brothers to take care of! the oldest man is Ling Bin! if you don't want to worry your brother then accept it"

Ling Wei look at the pouch and her brother, then finally compromised

"This is the contract! the emperor is not asking for anything, you can still make this but only for your personal use! not allowed to sell it okay?"

Ling Wei read the contract and let his brother sign it.

after signing Shu Qi remind them

"the people who will learn from you will arrive tomorrow! just treat them normally"

Ling Wei bit her lips

"is there a steam noble coming?"

Shu Qi shook his head

"no! even if there is, they won't dare make trouble for you! you already contributed to our country! and unlike them! they did nothing so don't worry"

Ling Wei is not worried! she is not unreasonable but if someone step on her or her family, she won't be polite!

Ling Bin was allowed to go back with Ling Wei.

they have to inform their mother and grandmother about this and prepare.

the sibling is not much pressured because academy chief Shu Qi will be coming as well but it was different for Ding Cui and Cheng Waner.

they know that Ling Wei has a lot of ideas but they didn't expect that just because of paper and ink, they will be rewarded greatly! and even can reach the emperor himself!

Cheng Waner and Ding Cui were anxious because of the upcoming visitors.

so Ling Wei and Ling Bin repeatedly assure them.

in the end, the older women didn't manage to rest well but still woke up early.

they have to buy a lot of ingredients to cook for the visitors.

no one knows how many of them will come so it's better to cook a lot

the whole family is busy the whole morning the whole family is busy.

the villagers got the wind of the upcoming visitors of the Ling family so most of the women hurriedly over to help.

Cheng Waner wanted to decline but seeing them really want to help, so she relent.

the Ling siblings' job is to clean the coop and pigpen and feed them.

after that, they clean themselves and wore simple but presentable clothes.

while she was changing, the visitor finally arrived.

2 carriages stop at their front yard.

and 7 men descend.

"steam guests welcome to our village and humble house"

Ding Cui said respectfully.

Ling Wei just finished dressing up when she saw the visitors come down.

then one of them waves impatiently with full of disgust written over his face

"just teach us! we don't want to stay longer in this place! we didn't know that the villagers are living in a pigsty"

Ling Wei squints her eyes

"we don't welcome dogs here"

she loudly said, the man's eyes widen

"what did you say? you disrespectful thing!"

"i said that we don't welcome dogs here! you are obviously a dog thinking that he is a master!do you think we liked to welcome someone like you? we welcome you all respectfully but you act like all high and mighty with us!"

the man turns blue

"take this child and let me teach her some manners!"

"YOU DARE!"

Ling Bin growled, the people around finally recovered then were startled at how the Ling family glaring at them while protecting the little girl

"manners and respect can be taught but, it can't be earned easily! you didn't show us any manner and yet you are pointing at me? who do you think you are? if not for the decree, we won't welcome people whose noses are stuck up!"

the man's eyes turn red

"this uneducated wench!"

"i would rather stay uneducated! if a person like can be called educated then forget it! because i am an uneducated and ignorant villager then let me say it again! we don't welcome dogs like you! you are just a fly who is riding your master's back! don't forget you sold yourself! you think you are higher but in fact, you are nothing compared to us!"

the man grits his teeth and was about to move but a booming sound resounded

"STOP!"

the man visibly shook then all of them look back,

the Ling Wei family is already not in the mood but still greets the new arrival

"Academy chief!"

Shu Qi looks around and then sigh

"little girl, who made you mad! let me avenge you"

Ling Wei just shook her head

"forget it, master! i already write everything! just follow my brothers, they will show you everything"

then was about to leave but Shu Qi stop

"ayo little girl! don't be like this! tell me what happens?"