Chapter 81

"Aija's grandson, come! Let grandma see you!"

The empress dowager said while wiping her tears, she was worried sick for her grandson, god knows how many times she visited the temple just to pray for his safety.

Among all of her grandchildren, everyone knows she loved her 5th grandson the most.

"thanking grandmother for concern and care, this grandson is fine, and have great news for grandma"

"was is it? Tell Grandma quickly"

She asked smiling

"your future granddaughter-in-law finally agreed to marry me"

The empress dowager slightly paused

"Who is the lucky girl? "

She asked excitedly

"Grandma you know her very well, you also like her so much"

The empress dowager remembers the noble ladies and even her nieces but she does not know who her most favorite is

"Are you talking about Weiwei?"

Long Yi Sheng laughed

"Grandmother is the most intelligent"

"but did she really agree? She knows your real identity?"

She asked doubt, the little girl is not much fan of the royal family! Is she really willing?

"Grandmother, rest assured I already have her word, before the year ends she will be carried here in a red sedan to enter the main gate"

"then let Aija prepare gifts for the engagement"

Long Yi Sheng chuckled and let her busy herself.

But before the banquet started the emperor called all his sons to announce something.

"your father is now getting old, I have been seated for more than half of my life so your father thinks that it is time to train the next successor"

"Father emperor is it too early for that?"

"yeah! Father emperor you are still strong and young!"

The first and second princes said

"no, I want to enjoy my remaining life watching scenery with your mother empress"

He sighs and continues

"Before, the ministers would help the emperor to choose the crown prince, but because the royal secret has been exposed so now it is impossible"

Yes because those ministers will be biased toward their own kin, the princes did not say anything and just agreed silently

"so I decided to choose the person who is the most outstanding amongst you, not only literacy but also military"

The princes turned pale except, for Long Yi Sheng and the youngest prince.

"Father emperor are telling us indirectly that it will be Long Yi Sheng?"

Long Ming De asked with an unknown expression

"you are all good but, Yi Sheng is the most outstanding one even as a child, that's it, I hope all of you can accept this and help your brother"

Then he left leaving his sons in an awkward situation.

"5th brother congratulations"

Finally, the youngest prince said, followed by one by one.

Long Yi Sheng thanked them with his usual smile but studying their expression, they all lived in the palace so hiding their true emotion was easy but, Long Yi Sheng could easily read them.

He smiled secretly and marked the two most reluctant, Long An Gou the first prince, and Long Ming De the 4th prince.

At the palace, all the soldiers are already waiting for the banquet to start.

Long Yi Sheng arrived later than all of them, Ling Bin stood beside him and started the usual small talk with a serious expression.

Later on, the princes with their wives came in, except for the 5th and 6th princes all of them already owned a harem.

Then the princesses, the emperor's royal concubine, the empress and the emperor, and the last who entered was the empress dowager.

After the formal greeting to the royal family, the emperor started to give his rewards.

The Lieutenants become captains, and the captains become Lieutenant Colonels excluding Long Yi Sheng.

The soldiers were confused about the reason why but were surprised about the next announcement

"and my last decree is about my 5th son, come Yi Sheng accept the decree"

The soldiers were flabbergasted seeing Long Yi Sheng kneel in front to accept the decree.

"announcing of the decree!"

"The 5th prince Long Yi Sheng accomplished an outstanding result as a prince and as a soldier, solving a lot of issues and court and conquering a total of 19 countries big and small, has been granted the title of the crown prince of Long Kingdoma.

This decree was issued by the Long Kingdom 5th emperor on the year xxx"

"Long Live the crown prince!"

"Long live the emperor!"

The crowd said after the decree and kneeled down.

The soldiers although confused but still did kneel down.

"I hope my brothers-in-arms won't take offense, I did that because I want to make a name of my own"

The soldiers nod in understanding, if he enters the camp using his real identity everyone will treat him special, the treatment will be unfair, and once he achieves something, those who are jealous will surely spread rumors that question his ability.

"but I just hid my name, I am still the Qin Huanzheng you all know"

He explained, the soldiers did not feel betrayed at all but rather understood and even felt proud.

They interacted with the crown prince for more than 8 years for most of them!

"Are you not surprised?"

Xiong Tian asked Ling Bin, he was surprisingly too calm!

"the crown prince already told me while we were still training"

Xiong Tian and Shi Wu were surprised but at the same time not that shocked.

They treated each other like real brothers.

After the banquet Long Yi Sheng talked to Ling Bin at his palace.

"Ling Bin what do you think of me?"

Ling Bin was slightly startled but replied honestly

"the crown prince is an upright and loyal person, intelligent and strong"

"And?"

"but hard to read and unparalleled in slyness"

Long Yi Sheng laugh

"just go straight to the point"

"the crown prince is cunning, manipulative and"

"in short I am black belly"

Long Yi Sheng goes straight to the point

"but the crown prince never harmed innocent people and worked hard to achieve a peaceful and abundant country"

Yes, Ling Bin admitted, although his craftiness and evilness are unparalleled but he is only using it to bring down the enemies and never used it to harm any civilian.