Chapter 9: Ink And Paper

after lunch, Ling Wei asks her mother for one of the animal hides.

her mother hurriedly gives her, she scratches her nose, relief that her mother didn't ask why.

she asks Ling Bin to make a small square frame for her to hang to hide.

because it's just a small frame, Ling Bin finishes in no time, after hanging the hide she asks her brothers to pick some old animal bones for her.

Ling Wei never tried making ink before, she know-how she learn it from the various videos she watched.

she was not interested in cooking, make-up, planting, or eating.

she is only enthusiastic when it comes to arts and survival.

so she knows how to make ink and paper from watching.

but color pigments, she learned it in school.

she will make some but not now.

she walks around and finds a suitable tree.

she can use any other tree but she has a favorite kind of paper.

after finding a certain tree just like in her memory, she asks her brother to cut some branches.

then she starts preparing it based on her memory.

paper making will take some time.

counting the time, the ink and the paper will be ready at the same time.

her excitement is radiating all over her body that her brothers' can't help asking

"sister you look excited!is something good happening?"

Ling Han ask

"something good will come! we will be going to make ink and paper!"

Ling Bin was stunned

"ink is fine! but how did you know how to make paper?"

Ling Wei froze and then reply

"through my imagination? I just found out that whenever I touch a tree bark,  I felt that this tree bark and paper have the same texture! cant you feel it?"

Ling Han knit his eyebrows and touch the tree bark, he didn't feel the same but, maybe because he is always touching this tree and paper so he cant differ.

Ling Wei just touch this tree barks recently so maybe she feels the same?

in short, Ling Bin believed her words and let her boss him around.

she needed a lot for paper making, and all of those are not small!

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner were baffled

"Weiwei asks me to make it"

Ling Bin's answer so the women didn't ask anymore.

Ling Wei has a lot of ideas and they won't stop her!

they will support her wholeheartedly.

Ling Wei is helping her grandmother in planting various seeds.

planting the seeds on a small wooden box first, then when they sprouted, the field is ready so they can transfer the sprouted seeds to the field.

then Ling Bin went to the mountain to pick up firewood.

the winter is almost coming and he needs to assure that they have enough.

Ling Wei is available so she accompanies her brother.

Ling Han and Ling He of course will come so the 4 of them climb up the mountain.