Chapter 22

Ling Wei read Ling Bin's letter the next day when everyone has gone out.

she smile excitedly and even cried after reading it.

in Ling Bin's letter, he said that he is fine, there is a little hardship but he passes through it, he even meet Qin Yuanzheng at the camp, they are roommates.

Qin Yuanzheng helped him a lot!

he didn't say how but Ling Wei knows that it's not a small matter.

so she plan on sending him some thank you gifts together with Ling Bin's package and letter.

counting the days, the academy chief should return in 4 days so she has a lot of time to prepare the package.

she pack some dried meats, vegetables, and fruits, the beef jerky Cheng Waner made, although not perfect yet but already good enough to give away some.

she even packs the tunics she sew last month.

then she separately packs the same thing for Qi Huanzang except tunic.

she wants to send more but, maybe she should ask Shu Qi about the condition in the camp.

then she rides the ox cart to deliver it to the store.

her mother won't ask about it, they are always sending a package for Ling Bin when he was in the academy so it's not unusual.

After the 3rd day, Shu Qi really arrive

"little girl, the emperor agreed to keep it a secret but he didn't agree about not rewarding you, so he rewarded you with a manor in the capital and 3 stores! and 2000 gold taels"

Ling Wei felt her scalp go numb

"Isn't it a bit too much?"

"ignorant child! what you gave is very useful! he even wants to give you a title but, he stop because of his promise! but he has a decree, as long as the Long imperial family is alive, no harm will come to your family"

then hand her a golden scroll, Ling Wei didn't ask what is the use of it because she doesn't want to be called an ignorant child again so she accepted it stiffly.

then they talk about candle making and found out that the emperor hurriedly calls his ministers to start making the candles.

"so can i send my brother some? and can i also send money?"

Ling Wei asked worriedly

"that is fine! and i think some medicine and balms are needed! their shoes always needed to be changed too"

Ling Wei nod and run out to buy what she needed.

then go home to take 2 more of Lin Bin's shoes.

she didn't think about shoes at all! she forget that the shoes they are using are only made of fabric so it's natural to break easily.

then she packs a lot of candles and put a note to give his superiors some with the explanation of what is it.

When Shu Qi arrive at the camp, he was directly sent inside because of the badge given by the emperor.

"academy chief! why are you here?"

Ling Bin's reaction when he saw him.

Ling Bin, look at Qi Huazang and Lin Bin then sigh.

they both become thinner and darker, but the childishness is eradicated bit by bit.

"to bring a package for the both of you"

then someone put the package down.

Shu Qi suddenly remember the most important problem

"Ling Bin you open this bag and take out what is inside"

Ling Bin didn't ask and just do as he say, and was confused about what he saw, a white and smooth stick?

"this is a candle! your sister ask me if you can have some and i agree but, we both forget that the production should be secret! so it's hard to explain it now!"

Ling Bin is a little unsure, after he read the letter inside he lit the wicket and it really lit up.

Qi Huanzang and Ling Bin were startled and looked intently at the candle

"i have the same reaction and so does the emperor! this is a big matter, you cannot just keep it, you will be questioned! after all the emperor will need to take some time to release this candle but you already have!"

Qi Huangzan grasp the main point and said

"tell them that this is just some failed products"

Shu Qi's mouth twitched, there is no such thing as the failed product came from Ling Wei's hand!

Qi Huanzhang's lips curled up

"if you want Ling Bin to keep the candles, you can only lie"

Shu Qi sighed, in his eyes, whatever Ling Wei did is all perfect! but he didn't know how many times Ling Wei cried because of her failed product!

so in the end Shu Qi managed to weave a bunch of nonsense and got through it!

thanks to the candle's dazzling light that the general becomes distracted!

Ling Wei tell her family about the reward for the candle recipe, her family was shocked but then remembers that Ling Wei is a really amazing person so it's acceptable.

Ling Wei is now desperate for her soap and sigh.

she hopes that she can make anything easy, just like those co-transmigrated in every novel she read.

she shook her head to disperse her despair then ask her grandmother how to make shoe soles.

she wants to make shoe leather boots for Ling Bin.

leather boots are sure durable.

but the problem is, she knows how to make leather, but not shoes.

Ding Cui hurriedly agreed to teach Ling Wei how to make shoes.

for her, her granddaughter's embroidery is more beautiful compared to anyone!

she is sure, her granddaughter's shoes will again call a lot of attention!

because leather needs a long time, Ling Wei practiced making shoes.

Cheng Waner made a deal with the village chief, she asked him to tell the villagers that she will buy the fruits, vegetables, and eggs they have.

the business they have is quite prosperous so they need to produce more.

after that day, the villagers happily sold them their products, and Cheng Waner is kind enough to buy them with the market prize.

of course, everything they sell is expensive but because of Ling Wei's unique containers so they have still a lot of customers.

even from the other provinces and from the capital likes the products they are selling.