Chapter 69

The ministers did not win against the emperor in the end.

They already found out who is their kin in the royal family but in the end, they cannot do anything.

They do not want to enrage the emperor so they can only try to help silently.

Long Li Na heard the news but did nothing, the empress dowager was extremely kind to them so it was useless to meet another mother this time.

The empress dowager expresses her apology but Long Li Na assures her that no matter what the empress dowager is her mother.

And even the same for the others especially the emperor.

The empress dowager supported him through and through.

Ling Wei was shocked after hearing the news, she hurriedly inquired about Madam Zhou and the empress dowager and was relieved to hear that it did affect their relationship.

Because a lot happened and the Xiong and Lu elders thought that this year was extremely unlucky so they decided to have the wedding next year, and it would also be perfect for Lu Nini's age.

Although that era can marry at the age of 15 in their opinion 16 is the most appropriate age for a girl to marry.

But to Ling Wei, it is not! 16 year old is just a high school student! Too young to even start a puppy love! But she cannot say it, after all, she is now in a different time.

Xiong Tian wilted when the news arrived at him, he thought that he could finally hug his wife before the end of the year!

His subordinates patted his shoulder for comfort and pity, he already brags about his upcoming wedding this year.

Xiong Tian is feeling depressed but after seeing Long Yi Sheng he finally realizes that he is still lucky.

His wife will be wedded to him very soon but Long Yi Sheng?

He chuckled lightly, Long Yi Sheng who was suddenly being compared with looked coldly at Xiong Tian but the latter just laughed more.

The soldiers around him took a step back while looking at him weirdly.

Fu Si and Ping Mu have finally returned.

They wanted to come back earlier but the travel time cannot be shortened, because the route is only land.

Ling Wei is not a genius to build a car, she doesn't even have any idea of what kind of materials are needed to build one.

So Fu Si and Ping Mu can only be wronged by traveling longer.

When the 4 of them meet again, countless teases fall upon Lu Nini that she cannot be redder.

As the days pass, their lives become busier and busier, and the fight for the throne becomes more intense.

The emperor removed the youngest prince the right to fight for the throne because his maternal family had been proven guilty of providing underhanded help to the youngest prince.

The maternal family did not want to accept the outcome but the emperor just said

"I have warned you all but you all treated my words as air! Now you all regret it? There is no medicine in regret, this is what you gained, and your greed is the root so now you can be greedy but you can have nothing"

The youngest prince's maternal family regretted it to their bones, they thought that they did it subtly, and yet the emperor still found it out.

The other families gloat about their misfortune but at the same time are horrified, it is a good thing that they did not make a move.

The youngest prince did not react at all.

Competing for the throne is not to his liking so when his maternal family of him made a move, he personally reported it to the emperor.

The emperor was furious but still asked his younger son's opinion.

The emperor accepted his decision so he made this move.

Ling Wei who doesn't care who still sits on the throne is always busy.

Busy with the new year and upcoming wedding but still did not forget the deal with the empress dowager.

So whenever she is available, she visits the empress dowager, every time she visits the dowager she never meets anyone else.

She is bewildered but at the same time glad, she doesn't like meeting the royal family.

She did not know that the empress dowager was making sure that Ling Wei would not meet any member of the royal family, because the dowager knew she was not comfortable facing them.

Ling Bin and the other soldiers cannot go home to celebrate the new year so this year, Ling Bin is absent again.

After the new year, Ling Wei and the others started planning the wedding.

Ling Wei wanted to give Lu Nini 3 of her shops but was stopped by Lu Nini herself

"Weiwei, Xiong Tian is just a commoner like us, and his properties are not that much"

"and so what?"

Ling Wei asks, does not understand so Fu Si and Ping Mu.

"Weiwei if we give Nini a lot of dowries maybe Captain Xiong will feel pressure, what if he cannot give back the same amount as Nini?"

Ling Wei's mouth twitch

"and so what? They will become family, they will both share everything! no point in calculating everything"

Fu Si and Ping Mu nodded in agreement so the elders looked at each other and sighed helplessly.

They will make sure to start teaching these little girls about dowries and bride prices after this.

In the end, they can only give gold and silver.

When Xiong Tian sent his betrothal gift Ling Wei looked at Lu Nini 'so this is a commoner's betrothal? '

Lu Nini smiled awkwardly, they already expected Xiong Tian to send his betrothal today and they thought that it was not that much.

But looking at the gifts filled their house they seem to look down at Xiong Tian a little too much?

But the truth is Xiong's parents almost emptied their house just to present those gifts to Lu Nini.

Their son is already old compared to Lu Nini's age, they are afraid that Lu Nini's family will regret it so they give everything.

Xiong Tian took out all of his secret stashes and bought some properties, including the gifts his brothers in arms and gifts sent by the emperor so the betrothal gift becomes rich.