Panchal

6 months after Agni's birthday. 

Mathura

Author's POV

" Rajmata, you got a letter from Panchal!" A guard came inside Rajmata Prapti's room with a letter in his hands. Rajmata took that letter and thanked the guard. He left the room.
She opened the letter and started reading it.

Dear Bua

Pranipaat  ! ..... I am writing this letter on behalf of pitashri .

Actually he wants to do some kind of Havan tomorrow and he wants you to be present their . You will know details of this Havan when you will come here.

Hope you accept the invitation.

Shikandini

She read the letter with quite difficulty because the ink was disheveled at it was though to read what was written in it. It was like , Shikhandini was crying while writing the letter ...that's why ther tears fell on the letter and the ink got spread.

" Pratima , ask ujjwala to make mohini ready . She is coming with me to Panchal." Rajmata ordered her Dasi  and Pratima immediately scurried out of the room to deliver Rajmata's message to Ujjwala ( dasi of Mohini).

" What's going in my brother's mind?....Why he suddenly wants to do some havan ?" Rajmata muttered to herself in confusion.

Panchal

Every servant in the palace was busy in the arrangements of havan which was going to take place next day , in evening. Though no servant knew what was this havan all about.

" Why pitashri hates me so much so much, Shaurya ?" Shikhandini asked her brother , while trying not to cry. There was no answer from him , he was just staring at his sister with pain in his eyes.They were taking round around he palace.

" Just because I belong to female species ?..... He thinks I am useless , just because of that stupid reason ?" Shikhandini asked with tears dwelling in her eyes. Shaurya didn't see his sister this broken before.
He suddenly grabbed her hand making both of them stopped in their tracks. Shikhandini looked at him in confliction.  A tear pricked out of her eye. Shaurya wiped that tear from his sister's face and smiled charmingly at her.

" You know jiji , I don't mind if you cry whole day , but you know I can't suffer through the extreme pain caused in my eyes when I see some beautiful face getting messed up due to tears. So for the sake of my eyes , don't mess up with that gorgeous face of yours." Shaurya said dramatically and grinned at his sister like an absolute idiot . A chuckle escaped from Shikhandini's lips and she hit her brother's shoulder playfully . Shaurya did a fake of getting hurt by that hit. And they both started laughing their heart out.

So , a brief character sketch about this brother-sister duo.
Shikhandini is elder than Shaurya . She is kind of a fierce boss lady with a grumpy nature. But whenever she is with her brother she is completely different person , as you can see in above conversation. 
And about Shaurya,  he is like papa ka para . Dhrupad loves him a lot but treats Shikhandini as a piece of filth.  Dhrupad's only disappointment about Shaurya is that he promised Parshuramji that he will never hurt Dronacharyaji.
Anyways , Shaurya is kind of jokester and he can make even the most grumpiest person , smile. Again , sometimes he is pain in ass to his father because he flirts with each and every dasi in the palace. Not only that,  he flirts with his own sister , and even his own father Dhrupad had become prey of his flirting. I mean seriously?.... he didn't even spare men ?... not even his own father !.... that's hilarious!
He is playful at most of the times but still he is a extremely skilled sword fighter.  His sister is his life and any attack on his sister is attack on him . He continuously tries to explain his father that Shikhandini is as good as any other men fighters but his father has some trash filled in his mind.