Chapter one

'she was a free spirit that couldn't be tamed'

- unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Damp:wet:cold;the girl continued to run through the dark forest.

Her feet thumped on the ground,leaves and stones scattering whenever her feet hit the forest floor.

Their voices sounded behind her, trying to lure her back to them. It didn't work. She wouldn't stop until she at least passed the border.

She knew that the Red Blood Alpha lived beyond the border,but she didn't care. She had to keep going.

Not only for her sake,but her wolf's too.

Her chest heaved as the adrenaline rushed to her. Her fingers were numb from the cold,her feet hurting from treading on pebbles.

Her pack's voices were far behind her. They obviously knew the danger of what lies ahead of the border.

The stories and rumors of The Red Blood Alpha struck fear into anyone who heard them.

Some may have thought he was just a werewolf like any other,but those who thought such things were foolish. He was anything but an ordinary werewolf.

He was powerful,cold-hearted, and showed no mercy. Anyone who crossed his path never lived to see another day.

"Lily!" A voice cried out, almost making the girl stop in her tracks. She wouldn't go back to her pack.

She couldn't.

She didn't want to be confined,she wanted to be free.

Lily's blue eyes shimmered with unshed tears as her fear grew. The fear of her pack catching up to her,the fear of being taken back to her father.

The fear of losing the opportunity to escape and not getting another chance.

The fear of being confined and trapped again.

She saw the border within her reach. She pushed back her doubts and thoughts and jumped.

She landed on the other side of the wooden wall with a thud. She could hear the defeated howls from her pursuers from the other side of the wall.

She knew she couldn't stop. She wouldn't let herself,not until she was far,far away from her pack.

She ran again,the wind hurting her eyes. She kept going,the howls of her now forgotten pack far behind her.

She was safe for now. The forest finned out,a small stream coming into her view. Her throat felt dry and hoarse from not drinking anything.

She scooped up the droplets of water from the stream, filling her mouth with them. Her throat savoured the coolness of the water, and the dull ache in it vanished.

SNAP!

She turned around slowly at hearing a twig snap behind her. Her breath hitched,the dull ache returning to her throat.

Her blood coursed through her veins at an unnatural speed as Lily stared into the darkness.

Something caught her eye. A pair of eyes.

Glowing,scarlet red eyes...