Chapter sixteen

'she knew she loved him when she started making excuses for the way he hurt her'

- unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

I tackled Clarissa to the floor, pulling her hair and growling loudly in her face. "He is not yours!" I shrieked.

I didn't care that I probably looked like a crazy lady right now,I was fuming. How dare she claim my mate?

I knew I wasn't pleased with the Red Blood Alpha being my mate, but that didn't stop him from being mate.

Werewolves were greatly overprotective and territorial of their mates. That included she wolves.

"Get off of me!" Clarissa shouted, but I don't. I continued to tug on her hair, snarling in her face as I did so.

The pack gathers around us,their eyes solely focused on me. Clarissa used her legs to fling me off of her.

I landed in a heap on the floor,a whimper escaping my mouth. I turned to see Clarissa stood up in an attacking stance.

She jumped towards me, and I moved out of the way just in time before she could hut me. She snapped her teeth angrily at me, and I snarled loudly.

I tackled her to the ground,using all of my strength to punch her. She got up,her face bruised and slightly swollen.

I saw the defiant look in her eyes as she yet again threw herself at me. Her nails extended, scratching me and leaving me whimpering.

I watched as she semi shifted,her canines extended. She attempted to bite me, but I avoided her dagger like teeth.

We were both exhausted by now. Both of us were bruised and battered, but both of us refused to give in.

In a moment of weakness, Clarissa lunged on top of me. She was about to dig her teeth into my neck when she was roughly shoved into the wall.

A loud growl came from behind me. I looked up into the alpha's eyes,fear overtaking my body as I saw him glare at me.

"What the hell is going on here?!"he yelled,his voice gruff and sounding more like a growl.

"She attacked me for no reason!"Clarissa yelled,making me snap my narrowed eyes onto her.

I saw the twinkle in her eyes as she put on a show. She collapsed to the floor. Everyone ran over to her, except my mate.

"In my office now!"he snarled.

I complied and began to walk to his office. As I looked back, I saw my mate striding over to Clarissa.

I saw Clarissa smirk at me,making me look away and go to the office. I sat down on a nearby chair.

It was a while until my mate arrived. He ran a hand through his hair,an annoyed look on his face.

Snapping his gaze to me,he slammed his hand down on the desk. I winced at the loud slam and the rattling of the desk that quickly followed.

"What were you thinking?!"he yelled at me. I looked down at the floor,not meeting his gaze.

I saw his eyes slightly soften as he took in my dejected facial expression.

"As my mate,you cannot put yourself in that kind of danger,Lily. And as an alpha,you have not only put yourself in danger but also one of my pack members."he ranted.

"I'm disappointed in you."he said.

My wolf whimpered at his words. She couldn't understand why our mate was disappointed in us.

In my wolf's point of view,we had simply protected our mate. We had done what any wolf would've done.

"She was claiming to be your mate. Any wolf would've done the same."I said, trying to reassure myself of my actions.

One look from the alpha had me looking away from him.

"That doesn't justify your actions. You and one of my pack members got hurt."he said.

"Clarissa is hurt because of you!"his words hurt me a lot more than I would have liked.

They dug deeply into me. I stood up from the chair and made my way towards the door.

I ignored my mate as he called me back.

What hurt the most was that my mate just admitted to caring for another female who wasn't me.