Chapter sixty six

Xavier's Pov

I stared at my brother,my body completely rigid, and my guard was completely up.

He had some nerve turning up here,after what happened the last time I saw him.

"What the hell are you doing here?"I asked my brother,my fists curling up tightly as I resisted the urge to wring his neck.

"Now, is that any way to treat your Xavier?"Xander chuckled, his chest heaving as the disgusting sound of his laughter filled the room.

"I'm not in the mood for your games,Xander. What the hell are you doing here?"I repeated,my patience wearing thinner by the second.

"Can't I visit my own brother?"Xander responded,his humour still evident his voice.

"You shouldn't be here,I thought we agreed for you to stay away from my pack,"I tried to reason with him.

I had to calm myself down before I did something I would later regret. It was Elisa and Thomas's celebration party, and I didn't want to ruin their current happiness by causing a disruption from killing my so-called brother.

"Last time I checked, there wasn't any rule that I couldn't simply come to visit my family, and congratulate Elisa and dear old Thomas on the news of their child,"my brother countered my words and I was reminded on how my parents would react to seeing Xander.

He was their perfect boy after all,as well as another victim to my cruelty.

I swallowed the rising anger in my throat,focusing on the task at hand. "How did you get word about Elisa and Thomas's child?" I queried.

"People talk,big brother. Now,where is the dear couple?"Xander said as he brushed past me,but I caught that familiar gleam in his eyes.

That familiar glint was what gave my brother away. He wanted something. He didn't just turn up here to visit the family or because he wanted to congratulate Thomas and Elisa.

He was planning something, and I was going to find out what it was.

Xander was about to walk out of the room,but something stopped him. He gaze was fixed onto something,or rather someone,in the hallway.

Peaking my head out from my office,I looked at who my brother was staring at.

Lily

My mate stood outside my office, a guilty look on her face as she gazed at the floor. I noticed how my brother's eyes stared at my mate,a yearning look on his face.

Turning to mate, I grabbed Lily's arm and pulled her into my side,my hand wrapping around her waist to keep her pressed to my side.

Lily looked up at me,chewing her lip, and I had to fight the urge to kiss her. Yes,I was angry at her,but that didn't mean that I could resist the urge to look at the way her lips were pursed,her tongue coming out every so often to moisten them.

Lily was oblivious to what my brother was capable of,most people were.

I didn't trust Xander around my mate. I could never risk what happened to Mirabella happening to Lily.

I wouldn't let Xander take away the only thing that made me happy,like he did last time.

"Why don't you go and see mum and dad,like you said you wanted to do?"I suggested,but my brother knew it was a command.

He looked at my mate again, his eyes then scanning over my arm that was wrapped tightly around Lily's waist. He seemed to glare at my arm,a small growl emitting from him,but then it was gone.

His facial expression turned back to normal, and he stalked off away from me and Lily.

I grabbed my mate's arm and pulled her upstairs to our bedroom, slamming the door shut behind us and turning to her with anger in my eyes.

"What the hell did you think were doing?"