Chapter sixty three

Lily's Pov

We all saylt around the large fireplace in the living room of the pack house. I looked Elisa, giving her a nod of encouragement.

She smiled back in appreciation before moving to stand in front of all of us. She was about to tell everyone she was pregnant, and I could tell she was nervous about Thomas's reaction to the news.

I wasn't worried, though. I knew Thomas would be extremely happy at the news that he was going to be a father, and I knew she was just overthinking the situation.

Xavier entered the room, and everyone fell silent as he took a seat next to me,instantly putting his hand on my thigh.

He looked tired,his hair messy,and a crease was forming on his forehead from where his eyebrows had been scrunched up from stress.

He had large bags under his eyes, and I knew that he wasn't sleeping well at night. He was still stressed with what happened, and Xavier had been drowning himself in pack work,trying to work out who was behind all of these threats.

"Are you okay?"I asked him,and all I got in return was a nod and a forced smile.

I looked away from him,upset that he wasn't telling me the truth. We had come so far,yet Xavier still chose not to tell me everything. 

He didn't tell me how he felt or what he was so stressed out about,and I didn't like it. I wanted him talk to me,to open up to me like I had about my past.

I want him to be honest with me.

Sensing my discomfort, Xavier turned my face back towards him,his hand now holding onto mine tightly.

"Flower,I am just stressed out from the pack work. I've just been overworking myself, that's all. You don't have to worry about me,I promise I am okay."he reassured me.

I still didn't believe him, but I didn't want to talk about it anymore,especially when Elisa was about to tell everyone some really important news,so I just nodded.

"What's it you wanted to tell us,Elisa?"Isabella asked,a slight bit of worry in her tone.

"I have some really big news to tell all of you,and it's nothing bad,I promise,"Elisa reassured everyone,noting Thomas's concerned facial expression.

"Everyone, I am pregnant."she said and nervously waited for everyone's reaction.

Thomas was the first person to stand up and all but run towards her,crushing her into his chest. "I'm going to be a father!"he yelled, and I saw Elisa breathe out a sigh of relief.

I knew she had nothing to worry about.

Xavier stood up,doing a bro hug with Thomas and hugging Elisa.  "Congratulations,man,"my mate said.

One by one,everyone went over to give their congratulations to Elisa and Thomas until I was the last one to go up and hug them.

"See,I told you that you had nothing to worry about,"I said as she hugged me tightly.

"Tomorrow night,we shall have a celebration to celebrate the news of Elisa and Thomas's child,"Xavier announced, and everyone cheered in agreement.

It was nighttime when we all departed from the living room,and me and Xavier went upstairs to our bedroom.

"I just need to finish up some pack work quickly.  It won't take long,"Xavier said as I came out of the bathroom, dressed in one of his shirts.

I huffed in frustration as he went to leave the room. There was no way I was going to let go back to his office to finish his work.

He was already tired and stressed out. It wouldn't help him on any level if he continued to exert himself like this.

I grabbed his arm and tugged him back towards me. "You're not doing your work. You're going to get ready for bed and go to sleep,"I ordered him,crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ordering the alpha around, are we?"he teased,his eyes immediately turning from tiredness to amusement.

"Maybe I am. What are you going to do about it?"I challenged him.

He stalked towards me,and I kept walking backwards until I reached the bed. I fell back onto it,my back hitting the soft mattress, and Xavier leaned over the top of me.

"I'm going to do this,my little mate."he said and started to tickle me, and I screamed out in.

Xavier stopped tickling me as I yawned. He pulled back the covers, tucking me in before he went to leave the room again, but I stopped him again.

"Fine,you win."he shook his head,getting in the bed and pulling me closer to him.

"How do you always manage to get your way with me?"Xavier teased.

I honestly didn't know....