Chapter fourteen

'we were just two two strangers bound together by fate'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

True to his word,the alpha made sure I had at least six guards follow me around wherever I went.

It was happening all over again. Just like in my old pack,my freedom is restricted. I'm watched all of the time, and none of the guards ever leave my side.

Even when I am inside of my room,I have my guards standing outside of the door. Currently, I am in the training areana.

I have to prepare myself for the fight against Clarissa. I punch the punching bag hard.

I do this repeatedly,letting my frustration out. I began to kick the bag,my foot hitting the bag at full speed.

Sweat drips down my forehead as I continue to train. My muscles ache and are throbbing painfully, but I don't stop.

Training is the only release I have. It doesn't make me feel completely useless.

I feel the eyes of the pack on me. Some are whispering to each other quietly, while others look it me with curiosity and bewilderment.

I still don't stop, though.

The atmosphere around me suddenly changes. The whispers around me stop, and I turn around to see my mate.

I look away from him. I haven't seen him since he told me he wanted me to have guards. He hurt me a lot that day.

He pretended to actually care for my safety. I know the only reason he pretended to care is because he doesn't want to admit that if I got hurt,it would weaken him.

He still sees me as his weakness.

I go back to punching the bag. I raised my leg up and swung it as hard as I could into the punching bag.

The bag swung violently from the impact. I waited for it to stop swaying before I continued to punch it.

A warm breath hits the back of my neck, making me pause my actions. I knew who it was.

The alpha towers over me as I crane my neck up to look at him. I take in his sharp features. His broad chest is heaving,his eyes piercing into my blue orbs.

I see regret in his eyes, but I don't let myself fall for it.

I won't let myself get hurt again.

I turn back around to the punching bag. I feel my mate's arms go around my waist, stopping me from punching the bag.

"You're not doing it properly."he whispered into my ear,making my body tense. I breathe in a sharp breath as I feel my mate step away from me.

He pulled my legs apart slightly. He placed his arms on my shoulder, making me relax into his touch.

He pulls one of my arms towards the punching bag."Keep the muscles in your arms tensed up. Draw power from your emotions and draw your strength from your wolf."he whispered into my ear.

He quickly takes a step back,his warmth gone. Taking his advice,I close my eyes and feel my wolf's strength flowing through me.
I feel her being through my body.

I am my wolf, and my wolf is me.

Opening my eyes,I swing my fist harshly into the bag. The impact of my punch sent it swinging,almost coming off of the hinges that held it up.

I looked back at my mate. A look of pride was on his face, but as soon as he saw me looking at him,his face turned stone cold again.

It was almost as if he was afraid to show any emotion towards me.

He nodded his head in approval at me before striding away. My heart sunk in my chest, and my wolf longed to be his embrace, but I knew better than that.

The alpha could never truly be my mate. Fate may have paired us together, but it takes an equal amount of effort from both wolves for the bond to form.

I now saw my mate for what he truly was to me.

A stranger.