Chapter Twenty Nine

29

'it's not really about trying to find the perfect relationship, it's really just about loving someone that is imperfect in the most  perfect way.'

-unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily's POV

You know that feeling where you feel at peace for just a second in your problematic life?

The feeling where you forget every problem that had been troubling you and you can breathe?

That's what I was feeling in this current moment. It didn't last long, though.

As I regained consciousness,my problems came tumbling back to me. I remembered what my mate had done.

He had knowingly just set my future in stone for me.

I was now faced with the problem that I couldn't leave my mate. I couldn't leave the alpha that didn't want me.

I couldn't leave the alpha that kept playing with my feelings and repeatedly hurt me.

I was trapped me in cage and this time, I couldn't escape.

Marking your mate may have been seen as a special thing that mates do,but to me,all it meant was another way to take away my freedom.

If I tried to leave the border of the territory without my mate,my mark would begin pain unbearably, almost to the point where the pain could possibly kill me.

Xavier knew this when he had marked me. He didn't care, though. I was starting to learn just how selfish he could be.

He said he didn't want me,yet he decided to mark me, and that meant I had to stay with him. That also meant I would eventually become the Luna of the pack.

I blinked my eyes open to see I was in a car. My head was hurting, and I felt awful.

My wolf, however,was excited and was overjoyed that our mate had marked us.

I looked around to see Xavier sat next to me. His eyebrows were furrowed, and there was a dark look in his eyes.

I saw we were in a large SUV, and Thomas and another male were sat in the driver and passenger seats.

There was a screen that was separating me and Xavier from the front of the car. I reluctantly turned towards Xavier to see him already staring at me.

His eyes lingered on the mark I had on my neck before he turned away from me.

A silence fell over us until I decided to speak up. I needed answers .

"Why did you mark me?"I said,the words rolling off my tongue with disgust.

"Why did you go to my brother's pack?"Xavier countered me.

I saw the slight smirk pulling up the edges of his lips. My eyes stared on his plump lips,my eyes getting entranced by them.

I wonder what

I abruptly stopped my thoughts and remembered what I was doing. I glared at the mark on my neck before turning back to Xavier.

"Xavier,I am not playing around. Why did you mark me?!"I found myself shouting.

I was grateful for the screen that was separating us from Thomas and the other male. I didn't want them listening in on our conversation.

I heard Xavier growl before he gripped my chin and made me look into his peircing red eyes.

"Remember who is in charge here. As for the answer to your question,what did you expect? You left me no choice,I had to make sure you wouldn't leave me again,"he growled.

"I left you because you didn't give me any choice. You're a selfish, cunning monster!You said it yourself that you didn't want me as your mate,so why mark me and leave me no choice but to stay with you?!"I screamed at him, snatching my chin from Xavier's hand.

Xavier snarled,his teeth extending before he yanked me towards him again.

"You are mine! My mate,my Luna! Just because I didn't want you,it didn't mean you could leave me! Whether you like it or not,you're stuck with me! And there is nothing you can do about it,"he shouted.

I noticed something different about him. He didn't look at me like he used to. He looked at me like he meant every word he just said.

However, he still had hurt me, and Clarissa had still kissed him. I would try my hardest to resist him, maybe now more than ever.

Though,as I turned away from Xavier,I came to a realization.

Now Xavier had marked me,it was going to be a lot harder to resist the mate bond...